Home

Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3
Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by wickedbadman; 05-21-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Backbreaker Demo Impressions Thread

Since the demo is now officially released, post all impressions here.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Demo Impressions Thread

Well I had some impressions in the now locked thread, and some got deleted when it was closed.

Not going to retype it all so I will sum up my feelings so far.

Positive

Biggest surprise: Player models don't look that oversized.

Biggest worry: Playing defense.

Edit: Oh and tackle alley is bad *** haha. Putting it in the demo was BRILLIANT.

Last edited by wickedbadman; 05-21-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by =wickedbadman
I'll give some real brief thoughts as I go through each mode and what's going through my head, I'll leave the long winded explanations to the professionals - as I figure this will be something you need to see for yourself, and I am tired.

Edit:

-Starting game up.

Training:

-Starting with the training. Even the basic moving is pretty interesting. Can definitely feel the weight of the character, and if you are in focus mode long enough you can hear the player breathing heavy - pretty cool. Graphics are alright thus far.
-Juke is very human like.
-Spin is cool, quick and tight.

Passing:

-Man this is trippy haha. First passing drill and I am not going to lie, was trying to bring camera out like it was Madden haha.
-First BB pass was an incomplete, got it on the second go through. Not too bad but will probably be 1000x harder with actual defense.
-Now I am having some trouble, supposed to switch targets, accidentally threw to wrong guy and got a TD which was fortunate.
-I got the switching receivers down now, to be honest I don't feel the camera angle makes the games passing seem starkly different from Madden at this point, but I am assuming this is because these defenders are practically unguarded which is just giving me the illusion of success.
-Lob pass is tough, I can tell it will be rewarding as **** to pull off in a game.
-Was starting to worry lob pass wouldn't be responsive enough, but just got it to go 5-6 times in a row, so probably was just me doing something wrong.

Running:
-Man running is fun. All I have to say. Things are going too fast to comment on line-play etc (and I am too tired to pay attention), but someone stepped on my head after a play and drove it into the ground haha.

I want to comment on a big surprise to me - I do NOT think the player models look huge at all. Which is strange considering what we have seen so far.

Blitzing:
-Should be rewarding, a lot of the practice options for blitzing are locked so there isn't much to say.
I will post my first impression. This demo is the most solid demo I have ever played. And with me as the running back in training mode, I couldn't be more excited. Who wakes up to play a game in training mode and see's his player on the field.

NaturalMotion is, dare I say it, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gameplay is solid, graphics are sick, grass looks amazing, and I'm so excited that I really don't have any other words right now. Download the demo and if you are able to play it right away, you will see how different this game will be from NCAA 11 and Madden 11 in a great way. It is simply beautiful.

If this game gets less than a 9/10 for a review, then I'm going to be highly disappointed, because the demo definitely deserves a 10.

For all of you out there wondering about the controls and responsiveness. Play the demo for yourself and be amazed!!! This game has just started a revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by turftickler; 05-21-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Good read Turf. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Early impressions are:

This game has a wow factor. Graphics are great. Player movement is extremely fluid. Player models are actually pretty darn good. Crowds are amazing! I may be playing this a lot later tonight.

The demo seems to have a lot to do which is cool because this game is the first of it's kind.

I wonder if teams have different playbooks? Maybeo some teams have more shotgun plays than others. Would be cool.
The controls will take everyone a little while to
get used to. I was all over the place at first. LOL.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
Rookie

sportzhead's Arena

OVR: 5

The game feels completely new. I'm digging it. Only played it for a short while, but the demo is solid. Graphics are pretty, and you really do feel like you're on the field. The stadium in the demo is huge.

Here are two very quick HD videos I did of the demo. Got to get some sleep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftBVjnwLwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy9DyV2tr0I
Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Had an error when getting this up on the homepage.

The following impressions written by wickedbadman.

I'll give some real brief thoughts as I go through each mode and what's going through my head, I'll leave the long winded explanations to the professionals - as I figure this will be something you need to see for yourself, and I am tired.

Edit:

-Starting game up.

Training:

-Starting with the training. Even the basic moving is pretty interesting. Can definitely feel the weight of the character, and if you are in focus mode long enough you can hear the player breathing heavy - pretty cool. Graphics are alright thus far.
-Juke is very human like.
-Spin is cool, quick and tight.

Passing:

-Man this is trippy haha. First passing drill and I am not going to lie, was trying to bring camera out like it was Madden haha.
-First BB pass was an incomplete, got it on the second go through. Not too bad but will probably be 1000x harder with actual defense.
-Now I am having some trouble, supposed to switch targets, accidentally threw to wrong guy and got a TD which was fortunate.
-I got the switching receivers down now, to be honest I don't feel the camera angle makes the games passing seem starkly different from Madden at this point, but I am assuming this is because these defenders are practically unguarded which is just giving me the illusion of success.
-Lob pass is tough, I can tell it will be rewarding as **** to pull off in a game.
-Was starting to worry lob pass wouldn't be responsive enough, but just got it to go 5-6 times in a row, so probably was just me doing something wrong.

Running:
-Man running is fun. All I have to say. Things are going too fast to comment on line-play etc (and I am too tired to pay attention), but someone stepped on my head after a play and drove it into the ground haha.

I want to comment on a big surprise to me - I do NOT think the player models look huge at all. Which is strange considering what we have seen so far.

Blitzing:
-Should be rewarding, a lot of the practice options for blitzing are locked so there isn't much to say.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »