Home

Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Great! I'm excited, this is good news. But it won't matter for squat if they don't implement it correctly.

Speaking of, here are some glaring flaws I noticed in the Kotaku video:

- After the 49ers TD, the camera focuses on Crabtree, even though Jones caught. This is distracting, confusing, and simply put, amateur crap.

- They show a replay of the extra point. Not of the TD, but of the extra point. Simply inexcusable.

- The replays of defensive backs in coverage seem disjointed from the actual play. You never see the ball. Good idea, but needs to be done better.

I know this is "pre-Alpha" mode, but still, I gotta hope these things are addressed.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
Tron, tron, tron!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Great! I'm excited, this is good news. But it won't matter for squat if they don't implement it correctly.

- After the 49ers TD, the camera focuses on Crabtree, even though Jones caught. This is distracting, confusing, and simply put, amateur crap.

- They show a replay of the extra point. Not of the TD, but of the extra point. Simply inexcusable.

- The replays of defensive backs in coverage seem disjointed from the actual play. You never see the ball. Good idea, but needs to be done better.

I know this is "pre-Alpha" mode, but still, I gotta hope these things are addressed.
Exactly why they said this is pre-alpha footage......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J

True enough cause you know what happens if you dont point it out. Hell even if you do point it out we still get very odd cut scenes. Who the hell yells at an O- lineman for a pick? Why if you are hosting a championship game you only see the away team making an entrance? Why not have some presentation for the conference winners?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Gus Johnson truly is the anti-Hammond.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

Hold your horses. That was Gus Johnson improvising with Madden footage.

Just hope it sounds that good when its edited and algorithm-ed together.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Hold your horses. That was Gus Johnson improvising with Madden footage.

Just hope it sounds that good when its edited and algorithm-ed together.
I think most of us already understood that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Gus Johnson sounds fantastic as usual...the Madden presentation had better be light years ahead of what we have been shown so far though...replay of an unimportant extra point???? Wow. even for an "alpha build" LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »