Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay

I personally think the Madden team would do well to look at MLB 2k10's commentary, which is fantastic. Gus Johnson should be a definite improvement though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quoted from the other thread from PacMan83

"How are you making sense? Anyone spending $60 a product only have themselves to blame for not reading the info on it.....Where do these people/ideas come from??? Seriously, of all the conspiracy theories...A lot of times, we create our own smoke screens man."

Yes, we all know that the general public are OUTSTANDING when it comes to doing their own reaserch. No one has ever bought a product based on misinformation before lol. Hell, i'm a poster on OS and I barely caught it do to the fact that I have been busy today. I found it strange that Collinsworth wasn't there and saw an extra link to Kotaku where I actually read the story and rewatched the video. I am not a Madden basher, hell I am even excited for gameflow as I am a "shorter game" person. I love what they are doing with '11, but this seemed like they were trying to slide one by and with the recent 10$ online code, I am sorry if even I am starting to get a bit jaded.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #27
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Quoted from the other thread from PacMan83

"How are you making sense? Anyone spending $60 a product only have themselves to blame for not reading the info on it.....Where do these people/ideas come from??? Seriously, of all the conspiracy theories...A lot of times, we create our own smoke screens man."

Yes, we all know that the general public are OUTSTANDING when it comes to doing their own reaserch. No one has ever bought a product based on misinformation before lol. Hell, i'm a poster on OS and I barely caught it do to the fact that I have been busy today. I found it strange that Collinsworth wasn't there and saw an extra link to Kotaku where I actually read the story and rewatched the video. I am not a Madden basher, hell I am even excited for gameflow as I am a "shorter game" person. I love what they are doing with '11, but this seemed like they were trying to slide one by and with the recent 10$ online code, I am sorry if even I am starting to get a bit jaded.
Think about it: why on earth would EA want anyone to believe that those non-professional, horrible commentators would be replacing Collinsworth this year? They wouldn't. They weren't trying to slide anything by, let it go.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 8

As someone else mentioned...gameplay looked incredibly stale, identical to '10. And I'm not even sure why they released that commentary...it was great, but I could do a voice over watching a madden game and it wouldn't sound half bad.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #29
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Good point, I thought of that, but even if it was unintentional, they misrepresented their product at best... and downright lied at worst. Yeah the other guy sounded bad, but hearing Gus live over the game was amazing. I just believe that he will sound no where near that performance in game. It's really not worth it though, consider it dropped.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Gus Johnson is GREAT and I'm pleased with the addition.

However, thank God it's Gus Johnson and not Jon Robinson. Seriously, that Jon Robinson guy has no future if he's headed into that direction. Absolutely horrible, IMO. Not just what he says but his knowledge. He's pounding the decision to run the football on 3rd & 1 when you have Frank Gore in the backfield?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 7

sounds great! Jon Robinson was just doggin dudes awesome. Rippin on Jamarcus...Classic
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #32
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Sounded great on Gus Johnson's part, that other guy was complete trash though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »