Home

American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past

This is a discussion on American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
Now it goes back to the lower court, where they will simply have to find/cite different precedent to uphold their previous ruling.

I doubt that will happen. Kind of hard to get around this ruling. The high court made it clear that the NFL should be considered 32 different franchises...not one entity.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
I just read the article and all it means is each team will have to sell a liecence if the exclusive liecence went down.
What it means is that the NFL will be extremely hesitant to do exclusive deals in the future because it fears an antitrust suit.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This may not be as great of a thing as you guys think. I wonder if we'll see 2K licensing Buffalo Bills football with the Bills, Browns and other types of teams in the game but teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Cowboys missing. Will this mean individual teams can license out whatever they want and the NFL license is no longer needed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This may not be as great of a thing as you guys think. I wonder if we'll see 2K licensing Buffalo Bills football with the Bills, Browns and other types of teams in the game but teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Cowboys missing. Will this mean individual teams can license out whatever they want and the NFL license is no longer needed?
Gee, I hope not. Never say never though...

I imagine we'll see plenty of speculation on the part of law-making OSers over the next few days. Will be a treat to read if nothing else.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:

This is what i hope does not happen.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
When it comes to apparel that may be the case but I doubt that will bleed over into video games. Back in the day, you could buy Cowboys hats from Nike, Apex, Starter. Now its just Reebok. We will go back to the days of different hat makers making Cowboys hats.

For video games, its hard as hell to sell a game with only 10 real teams. What will probably happen is the NFL will go back to offering it license to more than one company. When that will happen is anyone's guess.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When it comes to apparel that may be the case but I doubt that will bleed over into video games. Back in the day, you could buy Cowboys hats from Nike, Apex, Starter. Now its just Reebok. We will go back to the days of different hat makers making Cowboys hats.

For video games, its hard as hell to sell a game with only 10 real teams. What will probably happen is the NFL will go back to offering it license to more than one company. When that will happen is anyone's guess.

Lets hope. This could bring the world of football games back to the old days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 27

Thanks for posting this, aholbert32******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2041093915", true); .

I can't believe they pulled it off. Incredible!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »