Home

American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past

This is a discussion on American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: American Needle Won! NFL Exclusive Deals May Be A Thing Of The Past

Wow, does this mean that large market teams can use the vendor of their choice?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

This could be one of those bittersweet things. The only thing that would make it sweet would be seeing the elimination of exclusive licenses on these games. The bitter part would be that a company would have to seperately negotiate with each team in order to get them into their game. If I'm not mistaken about this, which I don't think I'am. We could all get what we want, but get something much worse at the same time.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When it comes to apparel that may be the case but I doubt that will bleed over into video games. Back in the day, you could buy Cowboys hats from Nike, Apex, Starter. Now its just Reebok. We will go back to the days of different hat makers making Cowboys hats.

For video games, its hard as hell to sell a game with only 10 real teams. What will probably happen is the NFL will go back to offering it license to more than one company. When that will happen is anyone's guess.
I think your right. With the ruling, a "Jerry Jones Football" featuring only the Cowboys is possible, or having a game with 31 teams and a generic "Dallas" team would be possible as well. More than likely developers will be able to secure all the teams for their games just as they have done in the past tho.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Anyone who gets excited over this news really should not be happy at this time as this is not good at all i dont care what people think about compentation right now yes it will make games better i will give u that but its not good at all i wish american needle would just drop the lawsuit the reason i am aginest this is not because i dont want compentation its because i simply cant afford 2 football games at there current price range and i am a big time football fan so for the short term future with the budgit i am on having this case won by american needle is not good for gamers likeme who are on budgits the exclusive must stay on till the ecomany is fixed anyway cya guys later
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #21
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Wow, does this mean that large market teams can use the vendor of their choice?
I am by no means a leagal mind, but that is what I take from this. The return of Dallas Cowboy Apex hats for you!

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Anyone who gets excited over this news really should not be happy at this time as this is not good at all i dont care what people think about compentation right now yes it will make games better i will give u that but its not good at all i wish american needle would just drop the lawsuit the reason i am aginest this is not because i dont want compentation its because i simply cant afford 2 football games at there current price range and i am a big time football fan so for the short term future with the budgit i am on having this case won by american needle is not good for gamers likeme who are on budgits the exclusive must stay on till the ecomany is fixed anyway cya guys later
Wow, breathe, man!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

Are there any lawyers here in the OS world that can shed some educated light on the subject? There has to be at least one, right?

I don't know how long the legal process takes and when, if this ruling makes it so, that other companies can start making NFL games. It would be cool if EA, 2K, Backbreaker, and even Sony and Microsoft could start making football games.

I hope someone with a legal background can come in here and let us know what all this means and what kind of time frame we are dealing with. I know the lower courts have to look at their ruling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Are there any lawyers here in the OS world that can shed some educated light on the subject? There has to be at least one, right?

I don't know how long the legal process takes and when, if this ruling makes it so, that other companies can start making NFL games. It would be cool if EA, 2K, Backbreaker, and even Sony and Microsoft could start making football games.

I hope someone with a legal background can come in here and let us know what all this means and what kind of time frame we are dealing with. I know the lower courts have to look at their ruling.
I believe the OP has a legal background

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »