Home

Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

This is a discussion on Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2
Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

What's up guys (and gals)

My name is "THQ Tank", or just Tank as I'd prefer. Your new Official WWE / UFC Community Manager, coming to you straight from the former heart of EA as the previous Command & Conquer Community Manager for the last 6+ years, now here at THQ. I'm quite the seasoned Community Manager with a heavyweight belt of experience and great friends with "Marcus", were each others inspiration, now we work together, not a bad gig.

I was recently presented a golden opportunity to come tackle this fighting community for THQ and finally give them, and more importantly the dev team(s) and community a voice they absolutely deserved.

If you missed my intro on our official UFC boards, check out the sticky thread here:

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/165794

While I am a huge proponent of being communicative and loyal to our “homeland”, my equal priority and “mantra” as a Community Manager is engaging and interacting with our external hardcore community, you guys who generally have some of the most constructive ideas and feedback around. Not to mention, you'll slam me down like a 10-story building falling flat on my face if I don't listen all around, so trust me, been doing this for 6+ years, you have a voice you can trust which will be heard by the dev team, and will also talk back. I'm a nice guy, no worries. And I like to bang down doors.

Concerning UFC 2010, the update I posted yesterday in General Discussion and the first blog on our official site

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/169296

…really encompasses the heart of the matters at the moment. I assure you, myself and the dev team are reading all over, I also just need a little bit of breathing room to get my chops down and around the entire community outside the official boards, so thanks for understanding. There are some specific gameplay issues being addressed in that post, and a myriad of others being worked on by the team. While I'm new to the community, I feel your pain on Super CAF's.

I absolutely want to engage with you guys as frequent as possible, so expect to hear from me frequently. I will falter at times, not be here every hour or day, I'm human and am currently Community Manager of BOTH WWE and UFC, and also the main point of contact in the THQ building establishing this, so, please allow me a little breathing room. I came from EA, I know what community management is all about, and I intend to give THQ that same desire and passion so the UFC/WWE games and community get the voice and dedication they have deserved for quite some time.

Glad to be here, and I'll be collecting as much feedback so we can shape up UFC 2010, namely the critical issues right now. I'm also here to have fun, cause, i'm a gamer to, and a massive Bay Area sports fans. GO Giants! LA Galaxy fan as well, my only allegiance to the Los Angeles area. I'm a San Francisco native, my blood runs deep with the orange and black. And Shogun is the man.

Cheers,

Tank
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

Glad to have you here!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Welcome!
Can you specify some gameplay elements that you guys are working on?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

THQ Tank's Arena

I'm not usually a copy-paste guy, but this is the best I can deliver, from my post on the forums, yes...copy-pasted

Top critical issues such as Super CAF's with respect to point distribution methods, Lyoto's instant-takedown (and all others like it), omoplata submission cancel that returns fighters to standing, are all being heavily looked in to by the dev team right now with the right assessments and fixes necessary. And that's just the tip of the iceberg amongst many other fine-tuning/technical issues being delved into thanks nearly 100% to your continued community feedback. Regarding these fixes, I will keep you posted on their status in as much as possible so you can start to gauge when they'll be made available. Please keep your eyes posted on the forums for continued support updates.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #5

THQ Tank's Arena

And of course the networking, lag, online issues, also noted in my massive update yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Welcome to the family. I hope that the Flash KO's can be reduced, and the decisions increased for offline play.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

We are glad to have you. I hope you find that we can be very constructive with complaints with some very indepth insite. Most of the guys on this site are all about realism.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

Welcome, it`s good to hear that they are working away on things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »