Home

Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Come on guys. Even if pasta is an EA fan (and he is), it doesn't make what he's saying about Backbreaker false. He's not sitting there making this stuff up--he posted stat screens for crying out loud. I want to like this game as much as anyone on this board, but it should be clear by now that it has major issues. The sooner we all admit that, the better chance we have that a patch corrects some of this stuff.
Agreed. I am still ticked about limiting the quarter choices, I have no idea why they would do that. I like to play 7 to 8 minute quarters normally in other games.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

I wouldn't call AI concerns and some penalty bugs MAJOR issues, maybe you would. Both of those could easily be fixed in a patch that's less than 100MB.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
I wouldn't call AI concerns and some penalty bugs MAJOR issues, maybe you would. Both of those could easily be fixed in a patch that's less than 100MB.
Re-tooling the AI and penalties seems like a major undertaking IMO.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
Re-tooling the AI and penalties seems like a major undertaking IMO.
Are you serious? I doubt you care, but I'm a computer science engineer. AI could be tougher, but penalty fixes should be incredibly easy.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Come on guys. Even if pasta is an EA fan (and he is), it doesn't make what he's saying about Backbreaker false. He's not sitting there making this stuff up--he posted stat screens for crying out loud. I want to like this game as much as anyone on this board, but it should be clear by now that it has major issues. The sooner we all admit that, the better chance we have that a patch corrects some of this stuff.
you don't get it. I know about those issues, I have brought them up myself and acknowledge them. I'm talking about his TONE and STYLE towards anything non-EA with VERY few exceptions.

If you want to know who he caters to, read the majority of the comments lol.

i had to check it out after seeing these responses on OS. "I can't believe anyone was dumb enough to think this game would be good" or somethign to that nature. - That is who he writes for. The language used compared to the language used for EA products is very different. He'll slam a game like backbreaker, then turn around and say things like " i dunno guys I'm really having a great time with NBA live this year" (during the abysmal years)

He writes with a clear agenda imo and it's just so damn pathetic to me.

IF backbreaker was more or less perfect ( it isn't ) reading his "review" would be mentally hilarious.

Anyway, I'm done with this - I"m more than willing to discuss the problems and successes of BB in other threads, but simply refuse to waste more time talking about PP/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

WTF! I would have liked to play 7 or 8 minute quarters, not choose between 5 or 10.

The more I hear about this game, the more I see that they don't really have much outside of the physics and customization, as much as I'm looking forward to both of those. Not everything in this game can be patched, and this is yet again another thing that probably won't.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

One things is for sure, I am really getting sick of having to wait for patches in sports games just to make a game playable. This isn't directed at the BB devs individually but the industry as a whole. Is it really too much to ask, for a game to be good out of the box.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
One things is for sure, I am really getting sick of having to wait for patches in sports games just to make a game playable. This isn't directed at the BB devs individually but the industry as a whole. Is it really too much to ask, for a game to be good out of the box.
The ability to patch games has been the worst thing to EVER happen to the video game industry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »