Home

Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting

Madden NFL 11 introduces online scouting. Check it out, over at ESPN.

Quote:
"I like to throw the curl route on first down in "Madden." Prefer to throw it to the receiver on the right side of the screen. I have the timing down so perfect in my head that I can usually do it without even looking. Eight yards to open the drive.

As John Madden used to say, "Boom!"

And it's funny, I know my tendencies, a couple of my best friends know what I've been up to for years, but when I go online and play random people, that curl route is still always open.

But not for long.

With "Madden NFL 11," EA Sports is tracking your every play in order to deliver scouting reports to your online opponents. So now, whether I'm playing against a "Madden" vet in Sacramento or a newbie in Denver, all they need to do is order up my report and they'll know my tendencies as well as the people I've been playing "Madden" against since high school.

"Online scouting tracks all of your play-calling and what you like to do in different situations," explains producer Donny Moore. "We're tracking every online game that you play: online ranked, unranked, and 'Madden Ultimate Team' head-to-head."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 11' introduces online scouting

Just saw it on twitter
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

How much does it cost? I saw "buy" all over the screens.

Edit: The article says you can buy the full report for just "25 coins" I assume that means $0.25. But I don't know. So over the course of a 16 game online franchise that is only $4.00. Not to bad.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-01-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How much does it cost? I saw "buy" all over the screens.
I think this paragraph answers that question:

"But how do you unlock these scouting reports? "Madden" producer Phil Frazier provides the details: "Scouting is a consumable. So you earn coins in every online game that you play as long as you don't quit or disconnect. You can then spend these coins on scouting reports or other things within the game (gamers will also be able to use real money to buy coin packs or scouting packs, but the prices are not final). It's the same economy that drives 'Madden Ultimate Team.' So you can literally be playing 'Madden Ultimate Team' online, earn some coins, then turn around and either buy a pack of cards or a scouting pack. The economy drives a lot more this year than just 'Madden Ultimate Team, but we're not talking dollars per scouting report here. You're earning these coins by playing 'Madden' online, so this isn't a money-grab for us. This is about building up your online skills. We're trying to provide a competitive advantage and we're presenting it to you in a way that's authentic to the sport of football.'"

It's the same "coins" that MUT uses, I guess. And while you CAN buy those with real money, you can earn them pretty easily by playing.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

They had something like this not so detailed though. When guys you recently played you could click on their name and it would show how often they ran or threw. This is much more detailed, LOL @ "unlock what you normally do in this situation" I like this it has to be in Online Franchise I dont think they would only put it in for ranked and unranked games

Last edited by Atomic Martian; 06-01-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: finished reading dosent cost realy $ lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
They had something like this not so detailed though. When guys you recently played you could click on their name and it would show how often they ran or threw. This is much more detailed, I would never buy it though no matter what it cost. Why would pay to beat some dude I dont even know. That takes the fun out of it and makes it much more serious. I am sure this is just a start to the many "micro-transactions we will see in M11.
u didn't read the article did u?... if u did and if u read what the dude above u jus wrote u would see that u can buy the coins if u choose or u could jus play online an earn them like the coins for Madden Ultimate Team last year. .. .. but this seems like a great feature imo ... cause i hate playing people that run 4 plays on both sides of the ball all game it gets old ... but this could make playing ranked games fun
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Haha now people can tell what plays cheesers use when online all the time. You know the cheesers are going to hate this scouting report somewhat. But nice little addon into the game. Doubt I waste time with it. The only time it would useful to me if I play in a online franchise this coming year.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

So this is just for Online games? Not online Franchise Correct? This isnt for scouting draft classes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »