Home

EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepenfl
I don't wanna be a cinic now, i wanna believe.

When the said the same for FIFA, all the PES lovers (and EVERYBODY loved PES and hated FIFA) made laugh about them. Today, FIFA is the best sport game, not just the best soccer game, and this sound exactly how FIFA has changed sports games (free, total control, realism, physics...)

I wanna belive.
I've made that point about Fifa as well as the NHL series. Both games had been bested by other game devs and EA got their ish together and snatched the crowns back in both instances. I believe it's going to happen the NBA game, too. Not to mention, NHL 11 will have the same engine as Elite 11. They are taking NHL to another level when the word is NHL2K is not even close to competing with it anymore.

All I know is that I'm on-board for NBA Elite 11 although I hate the name. I loved NBA Live 10, and although this sounds like they are drastically changing the game with the new, real-time physics engine which can possibly come with new quirks of it's own, I look forward to this. They took me away from NBA 2K with Live 10 and this sounds like it's going to be even better by what I've already heard about this new engine. People love the Backbreaker real time physics engine, right? Let's see what this game does with it's own real-time physics engine.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release)

If this new direction works Live will be back on top.....jus hope there aren't too many bugs
Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Damn Ea sure knows how to sell a game. Normally I wouldn't get excited over press releases but seeing the jump from 09-10 really makes me want to believe. Its a shame that the haters will still try to come in here and **** on this news though, oh well. And to think I almost passed on e3 this year.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
This sounds promising, but EA Sports is going to have to deliver a FULL game: Spectacular gameplay, All-Star Features, Practice modes/drills, On-line upgraded features, (oh and EA Tip-Dunks are a part of the NBA)....I just hope they deliver. I will back them as long as they can deliver on their words above.....(Patiently Waiting...the hype meter is at 10.....what will they bring....See you in October )
Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
TalenT = Has a wait and see mentality about this whole thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Not buying..just have to see first. What happens to your favorite club or bar when it has run its course? You do a little remodeling, and CHANGE THE NAME! Bam!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
Supporter

OVR: 22

Lets see, you've been widely rated unfavorable in comparison to the competition for almost a decade and running now. During that same span, you've seen the sales gap widen between you and the competition. The person whom you built a part of your marketing campaign around in 09, and who ultimately was supposed to bring "Live" back to prominence leaves you, and goes back to the competition due to you "going in a different direction that he didn't like and envision..." Now all of a sudden, in a year span we are suppose to call and view you as "Elite?" This name change makes no "since" (yes I used it incorrectly on purpose) and the article is filled with enough fluff to supply an entire 3rd world country with top-tier pillows. Until people like Peter Moore, and other big-wigs at EA fundamentally change their approach, and try not to be so concerned with the status quo, I don't see much changing in regards to the balance of power in basketball video games.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

A one year dev cycle is a one year dev cycle, thats all im saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »