Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Review within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

I did not go into UFC Undisputed 2010 with over-the-moon expectations. That does not mean I expected the game to be bad or anything like that, I was simply trying not to not get caught up in the pre-release hype train. I was trying to stay neutral. Nevertheless, I also did not think I would stop playing the game within the first couple weeks.

The developers have added more to this year's title to make up for the lack of depth in some areas. Still, generally speaking, fighting games do not tend to have too much depth beyond the gameplay. You fight, fight some more, and you move up the ladder until you cannot go anywhere else. That being said, the developers did successfully add depth to at least one area: multiplayer.

Read More - UFC Undisputed 2010 Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
It seems to me the writer of this article was reviewing the game from a "casual UFC gamer" perspective. I know a few hardcore fans out there who absolutely love the game. I am a bit disappointed from such a lack of information from a review on OS. Nothing was mentioned in the review about the new standing clinch mechanic or the overall increased sim feel the game has overall. I could care less as I am not even into UFC gaming, but I read the review to learn something and found myself more informed than the reviewer lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

I did a review on gamestop and gave it what I though. Poor. Had it rated 5 of 10. Only positives I were the 5 bonus fights & the WFA feature. Outside of this there really is no reason this should crack about a 7 or 70 on whatever scale you use.

I would not be surprised if Zuffa steps away from THQ after this fiasco.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33
Well I must agree with you cdon2k ... they have depthn the gameplay by adding diversity, personalization and unique moves to fighters ... for the first time in a fighting game (be it wrestling, boxing, mma, cartoonish style like Naruto or Street Fighter) almost all have different moves. Its a different experience, one that goes for those wanting a game that last for a while. Also, in that same frame, the interactivity with the cage sums to the atmophera.

What matters more is what happens in the octagon (wich is were you will be most of the time anyways and the sole reason for buying this game) and that has gotten even better. All othre modes are bonuses, and for a game of this genre, they do the job.

Having said that, the game is far than perfect as there are some new features that you will see on this year competitor and that could be integrated in next year installment. Also, the are some balancing issues and mostly, some lagging on line. The "campaign" mode needs also to be benefit of some twist and attention.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Strategy

OVR: 36
this game is cool. but it gets old quickly. i think 7 was fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
It seems to me the writer of this article was reviewing the game from a "casual UFC gamer" perspective. I know a few hardcore fans out there who absolutely love the game. I am a bit disappointed from such a lack of information from a review on OS. Nothing was mentioned in the review about the new standing clinch mechanic or the overall increased sim feel the game has overall. I could care less as I am not even into UFC gaming, but I read the review to learn something and found myself more informed than the reviewer lol.
Dunno what forum you're reading but it seems it's the casuals that are enjoying it and the hardcore fans hate it.

Though considering you think this game has an overall sim feel...
I guess it's pretty good at simulating an arcade game,I really could see it being an arcade cabinet set up with title mode right down to the cheap end boss.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Banned

I still don't love the game but I find I have been enjoying it more. If you can find an experienced gamer to play against the fights are pretty even depending on your fighter's style.

I've actually seen a KO from the muay thai clinch via knee to the head which I didn't think was possible.

Still have yet to sub the CPU or see a fight stoppage due to damage.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Dunno what forum you're reading but it seems it's the casuals that are enjoying it and the hardcore fans hate it.

Though considering you think this game has an overall sim feel...
I guess it's pretty good at simulating an arcade game,I really could see it being an arcade cabinet set up with title mode right down to the cheap end boss.

This game would make a fortune as an arcade game in a bar or a movie theatre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »