Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Review within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Hey, I mentioned in my post that I am even a casual observer, but I learned nothing from this review other than the game modes are lacking. As a former poster said, what goes on in the octagon is what's most important. Now true, the game isn't completely sim as you don't see wear down's much and I am sure there are the typical fighting game balance issues, but arcade? Seriously? Standing in the clinch posturing for 3 or 4 mintues and rolling around on the ground for a good 5 minutes at a time is arcade? Please.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
This is as far from a sim as possible.
Career mode is unfinished, untested recycled garbage. It did not fix any of the problems that the community screamed about with 09s career. Yet they said they changed career mode the most.

These two things should keep any "sim" gamer away from career mode.
1. Fighters do not age except your own character.
2. AI fighters have no progression system in terms of skill bumps and dumps.

If you lose to the champ of your division well, he will not fight anyone until you are the #1 contender again. You could go 3 in game years without fighting him and he will still have the belt with no defenses on it besides yours.

That right there kills any aspect of a career mode. I won't mention the other facepalming "features" that look like something out of Madden 92
Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
Banned

Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
This is as far from a sim as possible.
Career mode is unfinished, untested recycled garbage. It did not fix any of the problems that the community screamed about with 09s career. Yet they said they changed career mode the most.

These two things should keep any "sim" gamer away from career mode.
1. Fighters do not age except your own character.
2. AI fighters have no progression system in terms of skill bumps and dumps.

If you lose to the champ of your division well, he will not fight anyone until you are the #1 contender again. You could go 3 in game years without fighting him and he will still have the belt with no defenses on it besides yours.

That right there kills any aspect of a career mode. I won't mention the other facepalming "features" that look like something out of Madden 92

Thanks for this post I was actually just starting into career mode and now I'll just shelf it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Thanks for this post I was actually just starting into career mode and now I'll just shelf it.
Yea i feel completely ripped off by the game. If I knew the online would be peer 2 peer & my preorder characters couldn't be used on it or in career, plus career itself with fighting the same fighters for 12 years, i would never have gotten it.

I still can't play ranked matches.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
the career mode was lacking in 09 now it sounds even worse. I was super pumped for this game too.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
overall i really like this game, the graphics are downright sick....i didnt play 2009 that much so i cant fairly compare them, but so far (in just a few days) i love the game
if you watch ufc, you have to agree this is an amazing video game display/presentation of mma fights ....worth every penny IMO
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12
I got this as a confirmation present 2 weeks ago, and I quickly lost interest in it. Stat decay just pisses me off, and the submissions are still way to difficult to pull off. I can have the opponent with like no stamina left and mine still like full, and I'll the analog stick as fast as humanly possible, and he will be out of energy for like 10 seconds, but the second I run out of energy I let go! Not much realism there, is there?

I love the real UFC over boxing, but I got FNR4 on friday, and I am enjoying that game way better than this. Hopefully EA MMA will actually be fun. Get your head out of your *** Dana White and forgive EA. Let them have the UFC license so you don't look like a raving dick anymore, and let EA make their game way better than it would be without the license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
I got this as a confirmation present 2 weeks ago, and I quickly lost interest in it. Stat decay just pisses me off, and the submissions are still way to difficult to pull off. I can have the opponent with like no stamina left and mine still like full, and I'll the analog stick as fast as humanly possible, and he will be out of energy for like 10 seconds, but the second I run out of energy I let go! Not much realism there, is there?

I love the real UFC over boxing, but I got FNR4 on friday, and I am enjoying that game way better than this. Hopefully EA MMA will actually be fun. Get your head out of your *** Dana White and forgive EA. Let them have the UFC license so you don't look like a raving dick anymore, and let EA make their game way better than it would be without the license.
Don't get ahead of yourself. We have no idea how EA's MMA game will be. So far it looks pretty ****ty in a lot of ways, and good in other ways.

EA's not some magical developer and they put out some pretty mediocre games with just as many issues as UFC 2010 has.

Let's just hold off on the EA love until we see the game, then let's hope it kicks THQ in the *** and gets them in the right direction again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »