Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected

Sales have been slower than expected for THQ and UFC Undisputed 2010, according to Gamasutra.

Quote:
"Despite the stellar sales of its predecessor, THQ and Yuke's' UFC Undisputed 2010 is selling "slower than anticipated," even as UFC pay-per-view television events are performing well, according to Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian.

In a research note released today, Sebastian said the game is "tracking below our expectations at retail," and pointed out that online retailer Amazon discounted the game $20 to $39 after only a week on sale.

As a result, the analyst expects decreased reorders from retailers, and Lazard Capital Markets is decreasing its first fiscal quarter revenue estimates for THQ by $4 million, down to $193 million -- considerably below market expectations of $203 million."

On a positive note, Tank has given another update on the UFC Undisputed 2010 patch.

Quote:
"I assure you, the moment I have a definitive understanding of when a patch will be applied, I will let you know, and I will continue to update you as I can, which is what I will do below...

As of right now:
  • The online issues are the top critical issue being looked in to currently, amongst the others. XBOX 360 online should be working pretty smoothly, save for some LAG here and there. It is primarily PS3 users who are having issues with ranked play, connection loss, etc. We know what issues are causing this, and the dev team is working to fix them. A lot of us played 360 Live over the weekend and found little online issue, if you're a 360 user and experiencing online issues, please note exactly what it is - ranked play? connection loss? can't get past a menu? can't connect to a server? Please be specific
  • Amongst the other TOP TOP critical issues - Super CAF's, viewing stats between two players so CAF leagues can operate, show W/L stats before a match is agreed upon, Machida instant takedown, Omoplata cancelling out of takedowns are at the top of the list
  • Other issues being heavily discussed all over - Submisson failures to win against AI, auto-block, spamming reversals, stamina adjustments, too many flash KO takedowns, weight class bug in career mode are also near the top of the list to be looked in to
The above issues I would say are the first areas, especially online, the dev team is focusing on. I don't have any further details to elaborate on speciffically, but from readin forums all over, those are the issues people would like considered and/or fixed before anything else."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected

Awesome, thanks for the info Steve. Hopefully, they'll get the patch in a timely manner.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

this is good, hopefully this gives them the kick they need to hurry up with it.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Noooo!! no super cafs!!! I gotta copy my guy over and over now
Old 06-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Sebastian noted that factors directly related to Undisputed don't explain the game's poor showing: it has a strong reputation based on the reception of UFC Undisputed 2009, which exceeded 3.5 million units; it has extremely positive reviews, with an average Metacritic score of 85; and UFC itself is doing well. Thus, he postulates that other recent releases like Rockstar San Diego's Red Dead Redemption could be "adding some competitive pressure."

Maybe because the game wasn't as good as it was last year...

Listen to your fans...Not fluffed up reviews

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I don't get it, what did they expect when they put out a crappy game, people aren't goiing to buy a game full of bugs and crappy a.i, your supposed to improve your second time around not actualy get worse.

And please no one can blame poor sales on red dead remdemption, totally different market.The game sucks thats the reason it isn't selling.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

The buzz of this game did go down I think. You could tell because I think it was before even a week this game came out, it was at $39 mark at Amazon. I saw it and was like "holy crap...maybe I could have lived without the DLC to save that much". Anyways, I'm glad to see that they will have a patch because after a few hours after midnight...this game really disinterested me. The non-existing ground game did it in. We just got a glorified kickboxing game with dab of ground game.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
The buzz of this game did go down I think. You could tell because I think it was before even a week this game came out, it was at $39 mark at Amazon. I saw it and was like "holy crap...maybe I could have lived without the DLC to save that much". Anyways, I'm glad to see that they will have a patch because after a few hours after midnight...this game really disinterested me. The non-existing ground game did it in. We just got a glorified kickboxing game with dab of ground game.
Was it really as low as $39? Amazon refunded me $10 stating it went down to $49. If so, I feel like they screwed me over with their pre order pricing guarantee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »