Home

NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News

This is a discussion on NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News

Our friends at NLSC have posted their reactions to the NBA Elite 11 news.

Quote:
"The presence of real-time physics should hopefully be a huge boost to the series, providing more realistic interactions between players and their environment. Recent NBA Live games have attempted to improve player collisions and interaction with "on-ball scenarios" and other such animations, with varying degrees of success. However, there were still issues with players clipping through one another and sometimes the backboard, never quite interacting properly in situations where they should be making contact with one another. I'm really looking forward to seeing what real-time physics can do for dunking on another player as well as putting a body on the ballhandler and challenging shots (or conversely, eluding the defender), along with differentiating weight and strength between players.

Since the news broke about the new shooting controls and real-time physics, I've been a little concerned about what the innovations might mean for Dynasty and other game modes. While NBA Live 10 was a big step forward in gameplay, it was sorely lacking in game modes with Dynasty desperately needing an overhaul and a general lack of modes to play due to the removal of the All-Star Weekend. This limited the game's replay value, especially for offline gamers and Dynasty geeks like me. With the new controls and physics obviously being marquee features in NBA Elite 11, I'd been struck by the nagging thought that game modes would once again be pushed aside this year."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News

The guy that was at the community day is a member here also, Pdub

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
I guess you can't please everyone. They are trying to change the game with never seen before physics in a basketball game and all he can do is complain about Dynasty mode which hasn't even be addressed. For all we know they could be changing that to. I've stop playing Live in 2006 and I've been enjoying 2K til 2009. But with 2K10 they have yet to fix any of ther issues they have with gameplay and online so I've been looking for a good reason to go back to Live. I really hope they do it with Elite 11 cause Lives online team play is so much better than what 2K is offering.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Just to clarify, that was Andrew's reaction, not mine.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I guess you can't please everyone. They are trying to change the game with never seen before physics in a basketball game and all he can do is complain about Dynasty mode which hasn't even be addressed. For all we know they could be changing that to. I've stop playing Live in 2006 and I've been enjoying 2K til 2009. But with 2K10 they have yet to fix any of ther issues they have with gameplay and online so I've been looking for a good reason to go back to Live. I really hope they do it with Elite 11 cause Lives online team play is so much better than what 2K is offering.
That's a misrepresentation of his comments.

He expressed logical concern about other modes if they are going to heavily focus on physics and controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Personally I would take great gameplay/physics/controls first, before worrying about Dynasty or other features.

I wouldn't mind playing single Season mode if the game was great. The rest can follow in years to come.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm hoping this team is not that out of touch that they thing Dynasty mode can be over looked AGAIN. not everyone is an online sports gamer. In fact i can't stand playing sports online..... it's to dependent on the person you are playing against not to be an idiot.

If they can address this mode and i mean they really need to be serious about this mode, this could be nice restart.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I don't see it so much as a complaint. It's a fact, dynasty mode has been completely ignored. It's a mode that should have been addressed in Live 10 and i'm betting they know. It HAS to be bumped up this list of things to do for Elite to have a fighting chance... trust me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »