Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update, Sales Slower Than Expected

Yea it dropped to 39.
I am pissed. I can't get a refund on this. Done shopping at gamestop.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
The buzz of this game did go down I think. You could tell because I think it was before even a week this game came out, it was at $39 mark at Amazon. I saw it and was like "holy crap...maybe I could have lived without the DLC to save that much". Anyways, I'm glad to see that they will have a patch because after a few hours after midnight...this game really disinterested me. The non-existing ground game did it in. We just got a glorified kickboxing game with dab of ground game.
you must not play online, all i have is ground wars, or people who dont understand mma yelling stand and bang you *****
Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
you must not play online, all i have is ground wars, or people who dont understand mma yelling stand and bang you *****
This brought back some funny memories from 09. Playing online I was dominating this guy on the ground. My stand up game in 09 was very suspect so I always looked to goto the ground. Round 3, after clearly winning, he taunts me and yells in the mic, "fight me like a man bitch". I let him bate me into standing up and luckily KO'd him. Afterward I'm all kinds of names and p words for not standing up and fighting. I messaged him he could get FNR4 for under 20 bucks.

My friends would also call me all kinds of names b/c I'd always take them to the ground and GnP. They didn't understand the transitions, blocks, reversals etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This brought back some funny memories from 09. Playing online I was dominating this guy on the ground. My stand up game in 09 was very suspect so I always looked to goto the ground. Round 3, after clearly winning, he taunts me and yells in the mic, "fight me like a man bitch". I let him bate me into standing up and luckily KO'd him. Afterward I'm all kinds of names and p words for not standing up and fighting. I messaged him he could get FNR4 for under 20 bucks.

My friends would also call me all kinds of names b/c I'd always take them to the ground and GnP. They didn't understand the transitions, blocks, reversals etc.
This is a steady occurrence at my house when I order the UFC events. All the guys always grind it out on UFC 09 (now 10) before and after the fights. I always get labeled........."When you fight him al he does is go to the ground......SUCKS!!". So i tell them learn the ground or learn to hold back on the right stick if you know I am shooting for the take down. Also does not help that they always pick boxers/brawlers.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #13
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is a steady occurrence at my house when I order the UFC events. All the guys always grind it out on UFC 09 (now 10) before and after the fights. I always get labeled........."When you fight him al he does is go to the ground......SUCKS!!". So i tell them learn the ground or learn to hold back on the right stick if you know I am shooting for the take down. Also does not help that they always pick boxers/brawlers.
Yeah, I'd hate that online, I'd love subbing guys online and they bitch and bitch. Stand up is fun, but I enjoy the ground game too.

I really have to learn how to sub the AI on this year's version. Haven't played a ton yet, but it's been frustrating.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Im a ground guy myself. And yes I have similar stories. I tell my friends two things:

1. The ground game is part of the sport. If you dont like it, that sucks.
2. If you wanna see guys stand and bang, go watch K-1 or Boxing.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Im a ground guy myself. And yes I have similar stories. I tell my friends two things:

1. The ground game is part of the sport. If you dont like it, that sucks.
2. If you wanna see guys stand and bang, go watch K-1 or Boxing.
My friends are the same way. Although, I have to admit that I don't mind too much. Mainly because they're eays W's. MMA is sooo much easier when all you have to worry about blocking you head.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I love the ground game, however against the CPU, the ref stands up the fighters way too fast. And I am not seeing a variety of take downs or slams from the cpu AI either. Seems like damn near everybody does the double leg or belly to belly slam.

I played against both judo guys in the game and they didn't do ONE judo throw at all. I was like WTF ? Where are the Judo throws and Judo sweeps ?

This year all the fighters seem to play like wrestlers when it comes to takedowns and throws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »