Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: All-New Audio Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: All-New Audio Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: All-New Audio Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
they are really selling these QB comparison lines this year. I jope thats not all they did. Man, they talk about audio this year, they start pimping them qb comparisons man.
Me too. Man I really hope they talk about more than the QB. For instance, If Favre doesn't come back, it wouldn't really make sense to talk about Tavaris Jackson before a game when Adrian Peterson is the star.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

9th Reply!

― Plato
Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

You can't see me here because I'm off to the side of the camera shot, but I was standing right next to Gus when he started talking about the artistic focus of video game commentary. He asked me what I thought about how he was doing and I told him "to make this sound right it's pretty much a special talent, because so few video game play-by-play guys understand the moment and can translate their real-life personality to the videogame... from hearing what you've been doing here, it's obvious that you understand it. I'm impressed."

... And I was. In fact, all of us who were in the studio couldn't stop cheering over the lines he was reciting, lol. He expressed having a deep passion for this and it showed.

All I know is, if little has changed since I heard it, then our play-by-play commentary issue in Madden of being dull and unemotional is about to come to an end. I'm really looking forward to hearing how the commentary turned out in terms of piecing, that's going to be key.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You can't see me here because I'm off to the side of the camera shot, but I was standing right next to Gus when he started talking about the artistic focus of video game commentary. He asked me what I thought about how he was doing and I told him "to make this sound right it's pretty much a special talent, because so few video game play-by-play guys understand the moment and can translate their real-life personality to the videogame... from hearing what you've been doing here, it's obvious that you understand it. I'm impressed."

... And I was. In fact, all of us who were in the studio couldn't stop cheering over the lines he was reciting, lol. He expressed having a deep passion for this and it showed.

All I know is, if little has changed since I heard it, then our play-by-play commentary issue in Madden of being dull and unemotional is about to come to an end. I'm really looking forward to hearing how the commentary turned out in terms of piecing, that's going to be key.
I'll be looking to see what your comments are when the audio does start coming out. It's good to hear that you like what you heard because you are a lot more picky than I am lol. If you liked it then I know I'll like it lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:

Nice insight
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Thank you very much bro. I really hope it will end this year. Because the announcing for years now has been kind of dull. But thanks for the info bro.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

lol, when I read your post I pictured you all just sitting in the studio cheering hardcore while he recorded some lines. It probably didn't happen remotely close to how I picture it, but its still funny.

Its good you like the commentary. A lot of people on here are a lot more picky than I am when it comes to many aspects of the game. Its not a bad thing though, their criticism is how the game will get better. I for one really only ever criticize the gameplay and the team entrances in NCAA 11(), but if it weren't for us complaining, we'd be playing Madden 06 with new rosters. I'm glad you like it because I will too. I didn't mind the Madden 09/10 commentary too much somehow. I know it was terrible, but I usually focus to whats on the field and zone out.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

This doesn't change the fact that I will still hear Chris Collinsworth say the same stuff over and over again. Hey guess what Collinsworth just told me... "Adrian Peterson is an up and coming star in this league..." for the 5,000th time in the last two years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »