Home

New FIFA Soccer 11 Details - Pro Passing, Improved AI, Custom Audio & More

This is a discussion on New FIFA Soccer 11 Details - Pro Passing, Improved AI, Custom Audio & More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: New FIFA Soccer 11 Details - Pro Passing, Improved AI, Custom Audio & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic Doctor
I really hope they overhaul the manager mode. It has been the same since 08.

Great game, but needs to offer more customization to its user, and not in the form of costly downloadable content.
FIFA10's manager mode was said to be the first year of a multi-year process -- 3? Seems everything is on a 3-year plan -- to rebuild MM. There were some improvements, player growth for example, but overall it seemed to lack polish and there wasn't a big "wow" factor with the changes they made. Hopefully year two is a different story...

I'm with you on the customization aspect. From what I know about FIFA11, there could be some really cool editing opportunities if only the user was allowed to do so. I do not know if editing capabilities were expanded in any way.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
FIFA10's manager mode was said to be the first year of a multi-year process -- 3? Seems everything is on a 3-year plan -- to rebuild MM. There were some improvements, player growth for example, but overall it seemed to lack polish and there wasn't a big "wow" factor with the changes they made. Hopefully year two is a different story...

I'm with you on the customization aspect. From what I know about FIFA11, there could be some really cool editing opportunities if only the user was allowed to do so. I do not know if editing capabilities were expanded in any way.
They need to definitely lower the difficult in MM. I was in first place all season with AS Roma (a team not predicted to do well) and was fired after I dropped to third place. Getting fired killed my enthusiasm for the game and I essentially stopped playing.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 21

I want Online Manager Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
They need to definitely lower the difficult in MM. I was in first place all season with AS Roma (a team not predicted to do well) and was fired after I dropped to third place. Getting fired killed my enthusiasm for the game and I essentially stopped playing.
Roma is one of the top clubs in Italy. They usually finish Top 4 and play CL football.

What's your board level at?

One thing I definately agree with you on is that the game needs to take into account games-in-hand. If you play Euro action then you fall behind in the league (which needs to be fixed too) and the board doesn't realize this as you drop down the table. It happens at the group level to in the CL.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
Without an improved MM, I will pass on this title. EA continually fail to deliver a MM that has some feeling to it. They should hire some of the developers from Football Manager to help them. Also, how about injuries becoming a significant part of the game? What is the point of a 25 man squad when the same 11 are fit bar the odd 1 week injury.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

I'm with you about MM. It's why Fifa has really lost it's shine for me. If they don't really wow me with MM details, I'm gonna pass. (no pun intended) We know that Fifa team has gotten a hold of the gameplay. But they don't have the single player experience anywhere near it needs to be. I feel like it's David Ortiz and Madden all over again. I really don't care to play online. They really have to get the offline game correct, or I'm going to try another game as my first choice, one which has really caught my fancy with ML. They're upping their game, too.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGer76
Without an improved MM, I will pass on this title. EA continually fail to deliver a MM that has some feeling to it. They should hire some of the developers from Football Manager to help them. Also, how about injuries becoming a significant part of the game? What is the point of a 25 man squad when the same 11 are fit bar the odd 1 week injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm with you about MM. It's why Fifa has really lost it's shine for me. If they don't really wow me with MM details, I'm gonna pass. (no pun intended) We know that Fifa team has gotten a hold of the gameplay. But they don't have the single player experience anywhere near it needs to be. I feel like it's David Ortiz and Madden all over again. I really don't care to play online. They really have to get the offline game correct, or I'm going to try another game as my first choice, one which has really caught my fancy with ML. They're upping their game, too.....

I agree 100% with these two. The gameplay tuning is nice, but for me the core of the game is the MM. Most people can adjust the tactics and settings to get the gameplay where they want it, but there's no changing MM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Roma is one of the top clubs in Italy. They usually finish Top 4 and play CL football.

What's your board level at?

One thing I definately agree with you on is that the game needs to take into account games-in-hand. If you play Euro action then you fall behind in the league (which needs to be fixed too) and the board doesn't realize this as you drop down the table. It happens at the group level to in the CL.
I guess it might have to do with me being an unproven manager, but would Roma (a team that finished below the top 4 last year) really fire their manager if they were in first place all year and then fell down a few spots because of two losses?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »