Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Gameplay Changes Exposed - IGN Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
those animations just do not look right.... I hope the final version does not look or move like that.... it's not just the running animations (which don't look realistic) but the transition between each different animation that just looks totally off.....it just looks weird. Its like different artist working on a painting.
Thats old footage the entire developer series seems like it was recorded months ago.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

All the other EA Sports games are going more physics based this year. I think the Madden team will learn from them and then implement it into M12.

Personally M11 should be good, but it won't be complete until it's more physics. As above I agree it doesnt look right.

The animation branching just doesnt work as well.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Thats old footage the entire developer series seems like it was recorded months ago.
I agree with this guy. Not to say that the final product will be leaps and bounds more smooth, but that definitely resembled old footage. Not to mention that it's obvious these dev series were recorded in one sitting (unless they are injecting recent gameplay footage into the already-recorded films).
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
That's an assumption
The running animations need a lot of work.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
This game looks sick! Can't wait.
+1. Can't wait!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

They say each blocker has a specific assignment that they will follow no matter what, correct? Or did I misunderstand something? How defined are their assignments, and are there any variables?

Say you're running off-tackle from the I-formation. What would your fullback's assignment be? Block a specific player (let's say the outside linebacker) or would he know to lead the halfback and block whoever approaches first? What I mean by that is if a DT gets right by the guard, will the FB give up his pre-determined assignment and block the guard, or run right past him?

What happens when your TE pancakes the guy he was supposed to block? Does he know to keep moving and block the next guy, or does he stay behind and keep trying to block someone he ran over?

I suppose I'm just taking things too literally, but I figure the question must be asked. The devs have never had a good grip on the blocking engines, so I'm still a tad nervous about that. Also, I agree that the animations look very odd and the transitions are rather robotic. But as long as the game plays right and they fix a lot of their past gameplay issues, it won't bother me.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't understand how it can be simpler, yet deeper at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
All the other EA Sports games are going more physics based this year. I think the Madden team will learn from them and then implement it into M12.
I was just thinking the same thing Jono.

Just to hear them mention about "branching animations" just doesn't sound right...when as you mentioned, other EA games are going the way of true physics. Hopefully Madden will have this physic engine added for next year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »