Home

Sony Computer Entertainment America Pitches In to Support Stand Up To Cancer

This is a discussion on Sony Computer Entertainment America Pitches In to Support Stand Up To Cancer within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Sony Computer Entertainment America Pitches In to Support Stand Up To Cancer

June 10, 2010 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA), Major League Baseball, and Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) are teaming up to fight cancer this year. Beginning June 13 through July 10, for every copy of MLB®10 The Show™ purchased for PlayStation®3 (PS3™) in retail stores, SCEA will donate $10 of its proceeds to SU2C to fuel research centered on getting new treatments to patients quickly and saving lives. Baseball fans across the U.S. now will have the opportunity to play the most authentic and realistic baseball game in MLB 10 The Show while also joining the ever-growing SU2C community to raise awareness and funds for cancer research.

Stand Up To Cancer has raised more than $100 million for translational cancer research and has been working closely with the entertainment industry to raise awareness and broad public support for this effort. SCEA is dedicated to bringing sophisticated entertainment experiences to all consumers and to improve people's daily lives though technology. Major League Baseball was a founding partner of SU2C, making an initial $10 million donation at its inception and continuing extensive support in the years since.

Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, San Diego Studio, MLB 10 The Show continues the franchise’s reign as the premier MLB licensed game on any platform. This year’s title delivers yet another immersive baseball gaming experience complete with MLB All-Star Break activities including the always popular Home Run Derby®, Road to the Show where you live out your own fantasies of reaching the Majors™, improved online multiplayer, and unmatched stadium realism and ambiance that has critics saying The Show is the top-rated sport game this year.
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Sony Computer Entertainment America Pitches In to Support Stand Up To Cancer

This may sound like a "goody 2 shoes" question, but since I have the Show already, does anyone (Russell, Knight, Jim, anyone) know of an organization/charity that I can donate a copy of the Show '10 to, in order to help drive the donation to Stand Up 2 Cancer?

Thanks in advance.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Sony Computer Entertainment America Pitches In to Support Stand Up To Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

This may sound like a "goody 2 shoes" question, but since I have the Show already, does anyone (Russell, Knight, Jim, anyone) know of an organization/charity that I can donate a copy of the Show '10 to, in order to help drive the donation to Stand Up 2 Cancer?

Thanks in advance.
Trust me you dont sound like a goodie two shoes, and people like me really appreciate your support
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Monday....I'm buying 2 more copies of The Show for the N.Y. FireFighters Burn Center.
Love it...thanks SCEA.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow, this is great. I am going to go pick up another copy soon, seca thanks for caring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
This hits home, I will be picking up another copy next week....happy to do it. I am sure I can find someone to donate it to.I knew I liked these SCEA guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »