Home

OS Has Writing Positions Available

This is a discussion on OS Has Writing Positions Available within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If I enter, my column will be called "WTF is going on..."

Catchy eh Chris?
So long as you sound slightly clueless about everything going on....oh crap, that's already MY blog/column
Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
just wondering since this is a online gig, could i possibly become a writer? the problem i see is that im from the Philippines. but other than that, im good to go. i also work for a national publication and have almost a year of experience of working in the field of journalism
Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OS Has Writing Positions Available

It's online brotha, so you could apply just as well as anyone else. Just submit everything that they asked for earlier in the thread, and best of luck to you.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4
So, there are no pre-determined qualifications based upon education or experience? As long as one writes well, they are considered? I ask because I do not have anything published. However, I do love sports, sports games, and am an excellent writer. Is this position realistically available for someone like me, or is it directed more toward those who have formal literature education or experience with published material?

I thank you in advance for any answers.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #21
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OS Has Writing Positions Available

Indeed, there are no pre-determined qualifications. As long as you can write relatively well, and can engage the readers, then you too can write for OS. No education or experience necessary. You stand just as good of a chance as anyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #22
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelvelasco41
just wondering since this is a online gig, could i possibly become a writer? the problem i see is that im from the Philippines. but other than that, im good to go. i also work for a national publication and have almost a year of experience of working in the field of journalism
Nationality isn't a big deal man. We had one guy from Korea write for us a couple of years ago!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
sent my application already. hopefully things pan out.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #24
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
So, there are no pre-determined qualifications based upon education or experience? As long as one writes well, they are considered? I ask because I do not have anything published. However, I do love sports, sports games, and am an excellent writer. Is this position realistically available for someone like me, or is it directed more toward those who have formal literature education or experience with published material?

I thank you in advance for any answers.
We sometimes get some published guys apply for sure, but we balance a lot of things when considering you guys. We have always had problems with attrition over the years, which is an acceptable fact of life when you have an almost fully volunteer writing staff (if not for the minor perks), so we tend to balance writing quality with guys who we feel can be a long term presence. However, if someone looks like the next Hemingway with their writing, we aren't going to turn them down just because they also happen to be the President of the US so to speak

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »