Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: E3 announcement and career mode update

To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do.

I don't know but there's something about this sentence that just bothers me. Makes me feel taken advantage of. It's like what have you been doing since Madden 06?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It sounds like all the franchise modes are getting updated in madden 12. Is this right? No player contracts, salary caps, cpu trade logic etc. in online franchise this year either?

This just may have finally killed madden 11 for me since I was leaning heavily no buy as it was.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Were all the resources shipped from Madden to NCAA this year? I dont think there is anything added to Madden that isnt added to NCAA other then Gus Johnsonn and NCAA got a lot of great stuff like Dynasty improvement, ESPN presentation, and an on-line web tool for on-line franchise...
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

To me if that's all that's going to be added they should just put out an update for M10 and skip this year. I'm just being bluntly honest. Of course Madden is EA's cash cow so they'd never do that...but that's truly how I feel about it.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
With them apparently not even touching offline or on-line franchise mode the gameplay and presentation better be the best we have ever seen in a football videogame period.

Unfortunately, I dont think the passing game, WR/DB interaction, true pocket forming, OL PASS blocking, and tackling were touched much at all.
Exactly! I like that they are making sure presentation and gameplay are really, really good, before touching franchise mode. Having said that, the gameplay and presentation better be excellent!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Ya'll scared the ever loving **** out of me...reading the posts before the article, I was expecting to read that they REMOVED Franchise all together.

Quote:
While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be.
I am completely 110% happy with this. I don't see the big deal, my only gripes were presentation and stats being incorrect. Not much else to change to make the game fun/enjoyable to me.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

If gameplay and presentation truly took a huge leap now would be a great time for Ian to show that HD gameplay capture he has. OS, and Madden forums across the web are going to explode upon hearing this news.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Exactly! I like that they are making sure presentation and gameplay are really, really good, before touching franchise mode. Having said that, the gameplay and presentation better be excellent!

Did I miss something? Where do they say presentation will be any differnt from last year??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »