Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality + within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
I like the improvements detailed in this video. Improvements appear more dramatic in a tech demo so I'd like to see these in actual gameplay footage.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is great. Love the attention to detail. Why can't they put this level of effort into making Madden and NBA? Players in Madden have had the same unrealistic running motion for 5 years. FIFA somehow manages to make its game more realistic every year. What's the deal?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32
Love it.... Better and better each year.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
I love the logic behind it. I also would love to see this integrated into other EA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Rookie

AInquisition's Arena

OVR: 6
Good to see EA got the Tron license.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

Good stuff here. Of course it does confirm my belief that virtually all ratings have meant nothing in this game up to this point. They're just "in the game" with no meaning.

If we've had all of these ratings in the game for the last three years and they worked properly why would they have to sell "personality" as a feature? I think it's this way for ALL sports games.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Personality +

I'm kinda "meh" with that vid. Why? I'm still not seeing how they intend to use these ratings to create a virtual Ronaldo or Messi. When I hear Personality + I'm thinking "sig shots" out of NBA 2k. I'd like to see the CPU stop the ball and do some step-overs to try and break me down with Ronaldo. I'd like for them to find a way to take all of the various ratings and combine them in such a way to make each guy unique. I think that the comp has that down much better.

It'd would be a good start to have only the highest level players have skill moves that they could pull of successfully, and have only the ones available that they really can pull off IRL. All I'm really seeing right now is there will be two classes of guys, skilled and less skilled. It's time for this franchise to go from broad strokes to the minutea that makes this game seem more "sim." Right now it seems more NBA Live with the Freestyle stick. If you have the stick skills you can do it. Kinda generic. I still love the game, but it just isn't getting to that next "timeless" level for me. Really intrigued to see what October brings.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »