Home

Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Makes Co-Op Online Football Fun w/ Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: New interview/footage at ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it's more than serviceable. It's better than Hammond. I would have liked them to record some new Chris stuff (not risking spelling the surname) just to make the whole thing sound fresh, and I am never a fan of pointless banter-type bits...because jokes and asides and ramblings get old quick.

Maybe I just expected to hear a buttery smooth commentary like a broadcast there - I just don't like hearing joins, that's all. And you can't deny you could hear the seams, particularly as each line had exactly the same starting pacing and tone - just like someone reading line by line off a script.
Well it ain't going to be perfect. But you have to admit it is alot better then Tom Hammond was.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well it ain't going to be perfect. But you have to admit it is alot better then Tom Hammond was.
It's a small sample size but I found it no better than Tom Hammond.

In fact, for as much as people complained about his lack of excitment, I think we might be complaining about Johnson's overexcitement on every play this year.

"Moreno, up the MIDDDDDDDLE, 3 yard GAIN!!!!!!"

Half joking.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #19
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
You know what alot better than it was in 10.... Player movement.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #20
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish they would've axed Chris Collingsworth too, I really don't even see how his voice is even bearable to be honest.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Gus Johnson sounds awesome!
I agree to a point, He's better then hammond, but still a bit stale.t I was a bit disappointed that Collingsworth used the same exact line from last year when talking about the running game. I guess there is only so much they can do.

Last edited by JMD; 06-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Wow...I think the announcing for the first three minutes of that footage was garbage. Yuck. Valdarez, you're right, there needs to BANTER. Also, how it excusable that some of his commentary is LATE? This is a video game, not real life, so you'd think that you could hardwire it in somehow for the audio to be initiated at the appropriate time, not two seconds later.

Gus>Hammond, no doubt, but like some people said, it won't mean a hill of beans if they can't implement it well. i hope they tighten it up for '12, which is the next Madden I'll consider getting after yesterday's news.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

Why is it that in madden the commentates don't talk with each other.. its like they just both make statements like their in different rooms from one another.. one guy will say something than the other guy will say something. it doesn't sound natural and there is no back and forth communication between the two. NHL 10 and the NBA 2k series do a good job with the communication between the commentators. madden still is lacking in that area.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 36

Yeah, they needed to bring Collinsworth and Gus in at the same time, like NBA 2K10 did. Then they could banter back and forth, instead of having them in at seperate times. I was excited for Madden 11 about a week ago, but not too much anymore, especially with franchise news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »