Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
NCAA Football 11 Blog: Play Calling

Ben Haumiller has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, as he discusses play calling.

Quote:
"The most important screen in the game without a doubt is the play call screen. This is where you need to make quick strategic decisions. It is of the utmost importance that everything is available to you quickly and easily; especially when going up against an up tempo, no-huddle offense.

With that in mind we determined that the play call screen needed to be streamlined for NCAA Football 11. A lot of the Play Call features I'll be talking about have been in previous versions of the game, our goal wasn't to blow everything up and start from scratch, however, we wanted to make it feel as if all of your playbook options were always at your fingertips. In this blog, we will go into those updates as well as talk about the crucial role the NCAA community members had in shaping the final version of the screen.

During our NCAA Football 11 Community Day event we brought in a number of hardcore NCAA players to check out this year's game early in the development process and collect their feedback. Since play call is so important we spent a lot of time going over this screen to make sure that we got it just right. The feedback we received was outstanding. When it was all said and done we were very happy with the results. A big shout out to the community members who helped shape play call into its final version - this was a prime example of how getting the community involved early and often can help make the game the best it can be. I'll point out some of the specific updates that were made based on this feedback as I go into how play call will look and function in NCAA Football 11."
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Playcalling Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
Here is Ben talking about playcalling and the basic and advanced options.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...d=PlayCallling

enjoy
Wow! If you notice the SMU playbook screen they have a couple of plays that are actually Run & Shoot plays. I have several Mouse Davis playbooks as well as a June Jones playbook from Hawaii, and 61 X Choice and 60 Go are actual plays. In the screen they are in trips and these are called in the playbooks that I have as:

Early Rip 61 X Choice - Early Rip 60 Go

Just cool to see the actual plays in the game. Some cool option routes available there that haven't been in during past games.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

My favorite part of that was the he said there are still big ticket items to be discussed. Lets hope for coaching carousel!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
My favorite part of that was the he said there are still big ticket items to be discussed. Lets hope for coaching carousel!
They have been saying this for weeks and weeks.. If its not something that will blow me away, I'm gonna be real disappointed given the way they have been like "O just wait!, It gets better!!". Just deliver the news already.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Wow! If you notice the SMU playbook screen they have a couple of plays that are actually Run & Shoot plays. I have several Mouse Davis playbooks as well as a June Jones playbook from Hawaii, and 61 X Choice and 60 Go are actual plays. In the screen they are in trips and these are called in the playbooks that I have as:

Early Rip 61 X Choice - Early Rip 60 Go

Just cool to see the actual plays in the game. Some cool option routes available there that haven't been in during past games.
As soon as i saw those SMU screens i knew youd be happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
Rookie

beelo's Arena

OVR: 4

Liked that blog a lot...

Not New, just soft spoken.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Hopefully the big ticket items will be discussed pretty soon.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Streamed lined play calling was another another thing on the EA survey list. Next up AD mode/Coaches plzzzzzz

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »