Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Madden Online Team Play and Never Seen Before Achievements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Madden Online Team Play and Never Seen Before Achievements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Never before seen Achievements from Madden Online Team Play- MUST SEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm glad they're adding in co-op for online, its going to be sweet! As for the achievements, I like the idea of it, it gives you a reason to keep playing and makes it more like an RPG feature. I'll probably just purchase the achievements though to get them right away
I felt this optimistic about co-op too,until they announced how they were implementing it.My frustration with EA Tiburon and Madden seems to mainly be with the implementation of good ideas which diminish their potential,IMO.

Online scouting,great idea,but adding a coin system and making it unavailable for franchise hurts the potential.Same with co-op,great idea but adding attribute boosts hurts its' potential.

I thought they were providing some kind of rating system for each gamer based on how well they played in co-op mode.Something other gamers could view to see how skilled they or other gamers were at a controlling specific position groups.Like rating each gamers' skill for WRs,QBs,RBs,LBs,DLs and DBs by applying boosts to the gamers rating,not the NFL players in-game attributes.That would have compelled gamers to finish games too without causing distortions in NFL players in-game ratings,IMO.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

lol @ EA going all infinity ward with the "perks". reason #156156156 to stay away from online play.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I felt this optimistic about co-op too,until they announced how they were implementing it.My frustration with EA Tiburon and Madden seems to mainly be with the implementation of good ideas which diminish their potential,IMO.

Online scouting,great idea,but adding a coin system and making it unavailable for franchise hurts the potential.Same with co-op,great idea but adding attribute boosts hurts its' potential.

I thought they were providing some kind of rating system for each gamer based on how well they played in co-op mode.Something other gamers could view to see how skilled they or other gamers were at a controlling specific position groups.Like rating each gamers' skill for WRs,QBs,RBs,LBs,DLs and DBs by applying boosts to the gamers rating,not the NFL players in-game attributes.That would have compelled gamers to finish games too without causing distortions in NFL players in-game ratings,IMO.
This boost business is going to get really old really soon. People will stop playing as a cohesive team and they'll end up just trying to get their boost benchmarks so they can become "boost king." I don't have 3 madden friends. This means I'd be playing with strangers. I sure as hell don't want to be the RB and have my QB needing to get his 500 yards and 7 TDs or whatever it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

you ever played an online shooter? welcome to that world.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
you ever played an online shooter? welcome to that world.
Difference is when you go online with a shooter you don't pick pre determined rated shooters. Like picking a 90OVR shooting dude and making him better.

It's basically free for all everyone starts then as you perform you get better perks.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Wow... just wow. Could a development shop smear themselves any more? Levels have been reached to a point I never thought possible. It's almost hard to believe this is actually happening.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #15

OVR: 34
Some of you guys need to simply get off your high horse. They are trying to implement a feature that will encourage team play and work towards having FUN. What on earth is wrong with that?

I have about 8 friends that I know online and we will eat this up. If your goal in life is to get the best simulation of football, put the coke and chips down and lace up. Otherwise, get a freakin life, seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
lol at Ian's lack of sincerity when he said ,"Thanks Carlos".

But yeah, not really a fan of these "boosts" (and definitely not a fan of the fact that people can buy them instantly).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »