Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #17
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Ground game and submissions of EA MMA + Striking of UFC Undisputed 09 + Clinch of UFC Undisputed 10=Greatness
+ UFC cage work = win.

and yeah, about the clinch EA's initiation of the clinch looks good, but I haven't seen a MT knee yet or dirty boxing. So the clinch game in EA = vote's not in yet.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
I thought I read something earlier where a guy from EA said there was no struggle, everything was based on the timing of the block button. If you're off, it's gonna be an easy takedown like we saw, if you're in the ballpark a struggle animation will start but you'll eventually get taken down and then if you time it right you sprawl. Honestly, I like the sound of that a lot better than Undisputed but as someone above me mentioned this game looks WAYYYY too easy.
that sounds terrible. In 2010 you at least have a better chance to stop a takedown, transition and block transitions, etc. This game just looks too easy.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

this game looks more like the type of game they should make for the WWE (reminds me of what could be a next gen WWF No Mercy for n64). The player models have a nice look to them, not crazy beefed up and they move around nicely. The controls seem to have that n64 simplisity to them. But for a mma game it is just too fast, and too simple looking.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #20
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that sounds terrible. In 2010 you at least have a better chance to stop a takedown, transition and block transitions, etc. This game just looks too easy.
See, I'm just tired of the 2-3 second struggle for a takedown EVERY time i shoot unless I wait to counter a strike. If I'm Koscheck and I'm shooting for a takedown on Lytle that dude is going down like a sack of potatoes, there shouldn't be much of a struggle. I like the idea better, but I really want to play it to feel how it's implemented.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
See, I'm just tired of the 2-3 second struggle for a takedown EVERY time i shoot unless I wait to counter a strike. If I'm Koscheck and I'm shooting for a takedown on Lytle that dude is going down like a sack of potatoes, there shouldn't be much of a struggle. I like the idea better, but I really want to play it to feel how it's implemented.
They need to have takedown success based soley on stats. Pop in 2010, and try to takedown Hardy with GSP. Hardy the majority of the time will sprawl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #22
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
They need to have takedown success based soley on stats. Pop in 2010, and try to takedown Hardy with GSP. Hardy the majority of the time will sprawl.
I wouldn't say solely on stats, but they should definitely have a bigger effect on the outcome of a shot. They need to be the main factor, but if it's based solely on stats then just anybody could pick up the controller and win fights with lay n' pray.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ground game looks good. Takedowns, I haven't seen enough of them to judge yet. Because to me I like takedowns based on take down rating. In UFC 2010, EVERYBODY can sprawl and stop everybody from taking them down. Don't matter if using Brock vs Marcus Jones, the cpu Jones will sprawl and stop you.

Which shouldn't be the case. If I am using a dominant wrestler, then I should be able to get takedowns with ease.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »