Home

NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

I don't recall seeing anywhere that you would be required to use them? I would think a user controlled celebration would be very applicable on a game winning goal. I'm going to quote the movie 'Stripes' now...."Lighten up, Francis."

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I don't recall seeing anywhere that you would be required to use them?
But I'm required to watch OTHERS use them, including the computer.

Quote:
I would think a user controlled celebration would be very applicable on a game winning goal. I'm going to quote the movie 'Stripes' now...."Lighten up, Francis."
This is coming from the guy that prefers to AMP up the hitting to maximum.

Obviously we like two different things in our sport gaming experience. I prefer realism and simulation. Neither is right or wrong, it's just what we prefer. This type of feature lands SOLIDLY on the arcade side of things and does nothing but destroy the sim experience.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
MVP

bh446066's Arena

Neither is right or wrong but you're jumping my as$, huh? So sorry for preferring a different play style than you.

And by the way, you're just whining. All of these things you're complaining about can either be not used, or controlled in the settings menu. If you want a sim experience online, just join a sim league. I'm sure there will be several of them on this site alone.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

Last edited by bh446066; 06-16-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
I didn't think about it like that, that makes sense. I still don't think it really hindered their progress with the AI though.

It's all opinions, I really don't see the harm in adding a few celebrations, just don't use them if you don't want to. You have to watch the other team celebrate anyway, user controlled or not, just like NHL 10 and NHL 09 and the ones before that. I don't see a big difference
Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Please respect each other and no backhanded pot-shots, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree that it could make the goals feel a tiny bit arcade-like but I think it would also add a realistic element to the game.

Like you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
I *DARE* an NHL player to Superman down the ice and see what happens during his next shift.

It's happened before, mind you it will of course happen more often in NHL 11, and it will happen again.

Just look at Milan Hejduk's goal celebration, (it won't let me add a youtube link in my post).

And yes just like in the NHL, when you're playing OTP or 1v1, and you get scored on and this guy starts pulling off a flamboyant goal celebration to get under your skin and annoy you, you can take that as an excuse to go out and dish some big hits to make him regret it and send your own message across.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Please respect each other and no backhanded pot-shots, please.
Telling someone they're whining isn't back-handed, it's a full-blown fist in the face.

As for celebrations, in FIFA, your player runs around like an idiot after a goal. And while you don't have to push one of the celebration buttons, it looks pretty darn stupid if you don't. So if they plan on doing the same thing with this game, then I can see it being an issue for those who don't want this feature.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #24
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Telling someone they're whining isn't back-handed, it's a full-blown fist in the face.

As for celebrations, in FIFA, your player runs around like an idiot after a goal. And while you don't have to push one of the celebration buttons, it looks pretty darn stupid if you don't. So if they plan on doing the same thing with this game, then I can see it being an issue for those who don't want this feature.
Not if you cancel the celebration.

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »