Home

NHL 2K11 Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11 Trailer within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Overkill on the dekes, but some of them were awesome to watch. But that's way over the top.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon8 Re: NHL 2K11 Trailer

As a 2K fan (loved 2k10)... this sucks
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 2K11 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
And to think. WWTC was going on and on about how awesome 2k11 was going to be. Its clear, they've completely lost touch with what actually made the NHL2k series great last gen.
Wait a minute now. You jump on everyone that say the same things about EA trailers. What give? It is a trailer to show off the new dekes. Sure they are unreal, but I am sure you can control these with sliders, just like EA's game. I like that we have more control and that we are able to pull these moves off. Sure players don't do this in a game, but they still could if they wanted too, but the risk is too high. The graphics are the things that are holding me back from enjoying this Wii game, so I will must likely pass. Also, lets wait until we see more of the game, before we start claiming that 2K lost touch of what made it great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wait a minute now. You jump on everyone that say the same things about EA trailers. What give? It is a trailer to show off the new dekes. Sure they are unreal, but I am sure you can control these with sliders, just like EA's game. I like that we have more control and that we are able to pull these moves off. Sure players don't do this in a game, but they still could if they wanted too, but the risk is too high. The graphics are the things that are holding me back from enjoying this Wii game, so I will must likely pass. Also, lets wait until we see more of the game, before we start claiming that 2K lost touch of what made it great.
Fair enough Scott, but I've heard the same line from him the last couple years and both 2k9 and 2k10 were essentially both terrible. I still believe they actually have lost touch though, there gets to be a point after 5 iterations on the current crop of systems that if they were truly going to make a next gen feeling hockey game and actually innovate like EA has with the skill stick and EASHL among other things, that it would have happened by now.

The slide started with Cinemotion, and its pretty much been all down hill since that brilliant design decision.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Fair enough Scott, but I've heard the same line from him the last couple years and both 2k9 and 2k10 were essentially both terrible. I still believe they actually have lost touch though, there gets to be a point after 5 iterations on the current crop of systems that if they were truly going to make a next gen feeling hockey game and actually innovate like EA has with the skill stick and EASHL among other things, that it would have happened by now.

The slide started with Cinemotion, and its pretty much been all down hill since that brilliant design decision.
You could be right, but I am still holding out hope. Though I like 2k10, but that is just me.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

This honestly looks like "Nhl jam" to me. Whats with the guy flipping the puck in the air to himself on a breakaway, has any player ever actually done this?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

for 2k's target audience for the Wii, this is a great idea. they are not targeting sim people. they are targeting family's and Wii type players.

i like sim games. my 12 year old nephew simply wants to make his uncle look stupid. if we play the game and he pulls that move off and scores on me, 2k11 is the most awesome game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
for 2k's target audience for the Wii, this is a great idea. they are not targeting sim people. they are targeting family's and Wii type players.

i like sim games. my 12 year old nephew simply wants to make his uncle look stupid. if we play the game and he pulls that move off and scores on me, 2k11 is the most awesome game ever.
Indeed.

Clearly thier focus as a company has shifted and with that shift will also come the complete demise of 2k hockey.

Final nail in the coffin: NHL Slapshot.

Fatality

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »