Home

Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I hope you're right.
He is right. A Mustang will have a Mustang interior, but not down to every last perfection.

A ZR1 Corvette will have it down to every last stitch in the interior, while an older, regular Corvette will probably have a Corvette interior equivalent to other racing games that are not as scrupulous from what I gather in the interview.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Hands-On Preview and Collector's Edition Detailed (Eurogamer, GV)

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Good news.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Good news.
+1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

so they had all these years, and only managed to get 200 fully featured ps3 "premium" cars?

They'll have upscaled ps2 models running alongside true ps3 models. Interesting.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Well from reading Steve's most recent post , it seems the 800 standard cars will not have an interior view. This is very bad news for me. I love using the in car view when racing. I guess I'll only be driving the Premium cars.

As confirmed in a footnote on the Japanese site, the 800 “standard cars” in the game will not have interior view or high/low beam headlights (new video standard cars here, thanks Paskowitz).
Old 06-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Banned

Over at GTPlanet, the boards are pretty active over this issue, with no clear consensus. A Twitter interview with KY did nothing to really answer the question, with his answers leading some to believe the interiors for the 800 cars may be similar to the "black" interior view used on the PSP version of the game.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
Banned

Wow, and the debate continues to rage over there:

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-confusi...car-interiors/

The more I read, the more I'm of the opinion that standard cars will get a steering wheel/dashboard view, while the premium cars will the full interior modeling.

This possibly sheds some insight:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64481

"One of the biggest differences is the intricately detailed full interiors of premium cars that go beyond the steering wheel and dashboard of standards."

Last edited by Flamehead; 06-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #16
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I am a bit disappointed with the lack of interior views, but I definitely understand.

This game should blow Forza out of the water, but only time will tell. Definitely a collectors edition 1st day purchase for me.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »