Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Hands-On Demo With Phil Frazier (G4TV)

They don't have the first clue about competitive gaming when they keep saying that it's about having fun, not winning. It's probably why they saw no problem with charging 'coins' for the Scouting Reports instead of just making it a feature in the game (which is should have been).
Old 06-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince
No you're not. Let's be real..... one way or another you're getting Madden 11.
And you know this how?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

please!!!!!! everyone on this sight is getting madden. The gamer looks so much better than year. the gameplay looks better. Franchise?????? really ........that can't be the deal breaker on why you guys dont buy madden.

everyone jumps on the backbreaker band wagon, and that game has absolutely no franchise.

i think the game has shown much improvement from last year. From the vids i have seen so far, i think a good game fixed alot of the issues that hindered it from last year.

i think the game show a lot of promise
Old 06-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
please!!!!!! everyone on this sight is getting madden. The gamer looks so much better than year. the gameplay looks better. Franchise?????? really ........that can't be the deal breaker on why you guys dont buy madden.

everyone jumps on the backbreaker band wagon, and that game has absolutely no franchise.

i think the game has shown much improvement from last year. From the vids i have seen so far, i think a good game fixed alot of the issues that hindered it from last year.

i think the game show a lot of promise
I hear you man. Everyone wants Madden to be awesome, and I may come off as a Madden defender sometimes, but honestly I am going to GameFly it and see if I like it before I buy it.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
They better hope the demo is good to me, because right now, i'm keeping my 60
Im sure THEY are sweating it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

Actually, that was the best gameplay footage I've seen yet.

I always laugh when they say John Madden came in and pointed out the Gameflow thing. Really? So it took him 15 years to mention it? Did he also mention that the earth rotates during game time thus creating progressive shadows? They obviously just wanted to speed up and simplify the game for people. Note to EA: just add an in game save and do away with the gimmicks please.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
please!!!!!! everyone on this sight is getting maddenFranchise?????? really ........that can't be the deal breaker on why you guys dont buy madden.
Exactly why I have not bought Madden since the 2006 PC version. W/O it, there is no replay-ability for me. No reason for me to keep picking it up and playing, if I can't build my team with the goal of winning the SB. W/O a good, realistic franchise, the game gets stale for me.

So yes, really.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #24
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

Chew on this, i just thought of this, i know its not really on topic but its true, the last competition madden had was in 2004 with espn 2k5, we are now 6 years later and madden hasnt caught up. At the rate they are going, its not unrealistic to think that 3 to 4 years from now they still wont be caught up. If thats true, a 10 year old game will still be better than madden. How crazy is that? Try it for another genre. Lets take a baseball game that came out in spring of 2000 and compare it to the show, or take a shooter and compare in to Modern warfare. I bet the results would be crazy. Its almost unbelievable that after 6 years we can even remember another game. Madden has had NFL football to its own for 6 years and superstar is broke, online franchise is broke, presentation is waaaaaay subpar and not resembling a real telecast. There are limited cutscenes, they introduced "gang tackling" finally after 5 years, I mean man, its crazy when you lay it all out there.
great point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »