Home

NHL 11 Video: New Physics Walkthrough Part 1 & II

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: New Physics Walkthrough Part 1 & II within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NHL 11 Video: New Physics Walkthrough Part II

Im pretty sure red_shirt said they had hitting amped up for E3 to show the physics engine
Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
About the dekes: He says "Richard Zednik scored a great goal where he jumped and put it in the net a couple of years ago" Key phrase: years ago!!! Yet you know it's gonna happen every game.
While I am definitely more *sim* than not, I can understand the addition of this.

Too many goofs diving on the ice at ridiculous times, whereas in real life this would never happen. It's to combat this tactic.

Granted, I think they could have thought of other ways to combat this.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

WHY IS DUNCAN KEITH ABLE TO DEKE LIKE THAT?

I understand that they are trying to counter some of the things that the defense does, but come on, Duncan Keith should not be able to pull those moves against defenders. This better be on a very low difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21

I understand that they are trying to counter some of the things that the defense does, but come on, Duncan Keith should not be able to pull those moves against defenders. This better be on a very low difficulty.
I'm betting that's the case.
For all we know, the harder difficulties will make it more difficult for certain players to pull off every move.

But I do see your point. In my mind, instead of adding dekes (that everyone can pull off) to counter defensive moves like diving sweep-checks, they should have added more risk-reward for those kinds of plays.
And how you do that is in two ways:
1. More penalties when players are tripped by poke checks/sweeps.
2. Make goalie's human. So if a player decides to dive to sweep a puck away, he leaves his team wide-open for an odd man advantage. And I think we've all seen what the better players can do when given time and room.

Saying that, I want to play it myself before judgment is passed.
I have a feeling by the time the end of this 3-year physics cycle is complete, the game will be exactly what we've been waiting for. Especially in the skating department.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
Rookie

BoarWarrior27's Arena

OVR: 9
Awesome video I can't wait for this game. NHL 11 is going to rock!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Im still worried about the dekes, EA/Redshirt please come out and tell us that unskilled players will not be able to perform quick dekes, they should even be allowed to be attempted unless your (deking/stick handling?) rating is pretty high

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Im pretty sure red_shirt said they had hitting amped up for E3 to show the physics engine
It is mentioned several times in practically every thread on this forum.. If you dont know this by now.. why visit this forum?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21

I am not concerned with that at all.. Even with NHL10, with the proper sliders, I am always seeing deke-less players lose the puck when they do that... Heck in my SM-Liiga, I just lost a shootout like that.. I broke the goalie down with my 3rd defenseman (LONG shootout), but as I was bringing the puck to the backhand (moving right to left), the puck simply was heading the other way... My moves simply shook the puck off my own stick...

That is how it should be handled.. You shouldnt take Duncan Keith's ability away to try that... He just shouldnt be successful with it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »