Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Tim Tebow Highlights

WOW millenium... you close the thread that actually has a discussion going on and was posted 5 hours earlier for one that has a depth in it's discussion akin to that of a petri dish?!!?

I wonder if my title was "Tebow scores an awesome 60 TD", would it have been closed? Doubt it.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
On the passing TD...

I love how the CENTER (70) and the RIGHT GUARD (73) both back up off the line and just stand in place stomping their feet not blocking anyone or assisting anyone else on the line.

The Guard initially knocks his guy down - and then turns back upfield and just stands in place stomping his feet while the guy he knocked down gets back off the ground and runs after the QB again...

(Start the video at 42 seconds and just watch the Center and Right Guard during the play)

There's so much wrong and inaccurate about the O-Line blocking it's just sad...
If you watch it closely he camera pulls away because of the pass but as the defender that got knocked recovers and starts making his way towards the QB it looks like the center and right guard were both moving to re engage him,but the center was definitely standing there stomping his feet not doing anything.....I can't complain yet and and the blocking from what Ive seen so far seems improved from last years debacle.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
I guarrenty you that is rookie or pro mode.
Rookie, pro, whatever...that was horrible.

Whoulda thunk a 3rd string QB could be so dominant?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

As i said in the other thread, the lack of collision detection on this run really disturbs me. No matter the difficulty, the animations should not result in players bouncing off of other players like that. Not in 2010. I don't like to be critical but there are far too many other games out there who are closer to their real life counterparts that we have a reasonable basis for comparative analysis at this point. This is NOT bashing.

They really have to do something about the canned animations because it's taking away from any sense of realism in the running game, or even while defending. At this point if we continue to placate the madden team then we will never see the results we want and i used to be one of their staunchest advocates. Christ, madden is my favorite game/franchise of all time and the FIRST game i ever owned! 2010 was a great leap forward from 2009 but this should have long since been the standard at this point, not the exception. 2011 looks as if priorities were entirely misplaced....forgive me for being presumptuous as I know none of this matters until we actually 'play' the game but my eyes don't like what they've seen thus far.

"There can be no progress without struggle." - Frederick Douglass

Last edited by KensaiKatai; 06-18-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
WOW millenium... you close the thread that actually has a discussion going on and was posted 5 hours earlier for one that has a depth in it's discussion akin to that of a petri dish?!!?

I wonder if my title was "Tebow scores an awesome 60 TD", would it have been closed? Doubt it.
Impressive spin. Even spelled my name wrong.

The other thread wasn't closed for the discussion, it was closed because THE AUTHOR OF THE ACTUAL VIDEO POSTED A THREAD.

But please, spread your spin again so we can ban you properly.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The other thread wasn't closed for the discussion, it was closed because THE AUTHOR OF THE ACTUAL VIDEO POSTED A THREAD.
Can you merge threads? If so, it might be useful to include the discussion from the other thread here...since it's the same video and all. Just makes sense to me.

And yes, if that is your idea of tackling, you do indeed suck. (For fear of retribution or other punishment-type action, I mean this jokingly...as in, haha...y'know?)

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
This must be on rookie because that was too easy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 30
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »