Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Jets vs. Patriots (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
When you went to CD, do you remember if Gus used real names or not, and if their was deadspace at the beginning of every play. If not, then it might not be Gus or the script writers, but the editors themself, which is truly sad, removing solid announcing and replace it with mediocre announcing.
I don't remember there being identification in the correct way like "Sanchez, back to pass". But it was hard to tell what they were going to do at that point since most of the commentary was unavailable (still in developement) and there were placeholders in most spots (voiceovers of what the final would sound like, only not from Gus but from staff members).
Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm starting to question just how much rewriting was actually done, if any at all. You can see how they don't really understand these little intricacies that help it sound more authentic, and why their mistakes are killing authenticity
After watching more and more vids, I'm becoming convinced it's just a talent (or lack thereof) issue with the Madden sound guys.

2k basketball (baseball, and NHL 10) are nearly flawless with their commentating which is constant up and down action....which leads me to believe it can be done, but the talent level for Madden just isn't there. It's just disappointing to see the untapped potential and listen to a miserable audio experience year after year. Time to hire some new audio folks Madden.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

i thought they brought in a whole new audio crew this yr, and they were raving about how accurate team chants were. Has anybody been able to get listen on team chants?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

give me some game play in broadcast cam. angle please enough with the madden cam or whatever that cam is
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 14
Its nice to know that i can still drop back 15 yards and throw a TD pass.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

They have new sack animations? I seen sanchez get leveled, I didn't see that stupid throw down animmation
Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
I know right? What happened to the authentic gameplay that Ian was promising? I don't see what they did to improve the gameplay that much over last year. I was so much more excited last year and Ian seemed a lot more passionate about the game last year. I mean adding presentation is good and all but it's nothing more than additional cut scenes, and the same stuff we saw in 2K5. This game engine is played out already. Phil was pretty much saying they don't have enough money or time to recreate the whole game from scratch, but why not? You're friggin EA Sports! The only game in town! I wish I was more a baseball fan because MLB The Show in 3-D looked awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
I want to see someone tweet a dev about this and see what they say.If I had to name one gameplay thing that turns me off the most about Madden,this would be it.I know I sound like a broken record but this crap has been in Madden for DECADES!LOL

The real powers that be concerning Madden could careless about a better game being made,IMO.

Last edited by tlc12576; 06-18-2010 at 10:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »