Home

NCAA Football 11 Q&A (Tradition Football)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Q&A (Tradition Football) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 11 Q&A (Tradition Football)

Tradition Football has answered some of the NCAA Football 11 questions from their readers.

Quote:
"How have run commit and pass commit been changed, if at all?

I spoke with three guys about this and they all said that the main reason run commit seems to much more realistic is that with loco-motion, no player at any time (their words, not mine) can outdo his acceleration curve. So though the players will take a step forward during run commit they still have their acceleration band to go through, still have a block to get through, etc. so it's not as unrealistic as before. Calling pass commit I didn't notice any big change. It wasn't very helpful to me this year and doesn't seem overly helpful to me in the build I was playing at E3."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Q&A (Tradition Football)

Quote:
Will the CPU recruit players that fit their 120th way to win? IE. GT recruiting scrambling QBs instead of pocket passers.

Essentially what I got out of it was no. Ben Haumiller said that they will basically recruit to their strengths but that (his example) if Georgia Tech had a great in-state pocket passer QB they might go after him. But their playbook would not be changed to suit him or anything. Essentially, reading between the lines? No change.
smh This is going to bother me.

Seems like a lot of 'no' answers. Also a little bothered by answering with "I dont know."

Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Wonderful. So the CPU will still recruit poorly and not necessarily beneficial to them. Now THAT is not a good sign. So 120 ways to win is the slogan for the first 4 years of dynasty? Then it's a crapshoot?? This is an absolute must fix for next year's game.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Really disappointed that the 120 ways to win may not even work fully after 3 years in a dynasty. Oh well, maybe next year I suppose.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Rookie

taman08's Arena

OVR: 1

Im still not too sure on this conference invite thing...since there is no conference invite in online dynasty, im guessing no conference invite in online single player dynasty?? maybe u have to take your dynasty offline to get it...idk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by taman08
Im still not too sure on this conference invite thing...since there is no conference invite in online dynasty, im guessing no conference invite in online single player dynasty?? maybe u have to take your dynasty offline to get it...idk
if you do a single player online dynasty, all of functionality will be exactly the same as a multiplayer online dynasty. So no conference invites. You would have to take it offline for that feature to activate.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

This will kill dynasty play. Scheme/personnel mismatch is going to make for bad match ups.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

This news is so disappointing.
It sounds to me that while we've had some cosmetic changes at the end of the day its still going to be the same meat & potatoes.

Why even make changes to recruiting and hype up 120 ways to win if at the end of the day it doesn't matter? Why have offensive styles if the teams aren't going to recruit to fit them? Georgia Tech as everybody says wouldn't recruit a tall pocket passer with a rocket arm. But, let's say they do...they still wouldn't run the flexbone with him at the helm.

What this game needs is a coaching carousel and for the teams to recruit to their offensive styles and needs. Is that where this game is headed? If so, why does it take so long to get there? I just don't understand it. I guess this is where me being a programmer myself is bad, because its hard to get over things like this that should be basic feature changes.
Some features work offline, but not online? I'd never be allowed to put out a program like that. I'd be laughed off the conference call.

This game could have and should have been taken to the next level by now.

This isn't the fault of the guys working on the game though. They are doing the best they can with the direction they are given. This is a nothing, but a management issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »