Home

NCAA Football 11 Updates From Demo to Retail

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Updates From Demo to Retail within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Updates/Fixes from Demo To Retail Version

YAY for less drops!!!!! I knew it had to be a mistake, lol

BOOO for the onside kicks :P lol I thought I had FINALLY gotten good at them/figured out how to kick it just right..........ah well! :-/
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #10
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Nice post. These are the ones that stuck out for me the most.

* Front four defensive linemen will generate a better pass rush
* In general, we made defenders a little better at getting off blocks. This helps in defending against outside runs and quarterback scrambles as mentioned before
* Pass defense has been greatly improved, both in man and zone coverage assignments
* Tuned some out-routes out of the backfield that were too effective against man coverage.
* Fixed some issues that caused receivers to drop catches they should have made. Again, this is also something that can be tuned further using AI Sliders.
* Quarterbacks will no longer stutter when scrambling and crossing the line of scrimmage
* Fixed an exploit that allowed you to consistently recover onside kicks.
I agree with these. I can't think of anything else I'd like added except maybe a couple more camera angles, but if that's the only problem I have this year then I'm a happy man.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 06-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I like the list, especially the defensive lineman aspect. The only thing that bothers me is there is no mention of them fixing the dreadlocks/long hair missing in the demo.
it was just a glitch in the demo, I'm SURE they fixed it for final version...guess they just wanted to keep this under wraps? Oh That and the lack of FCS-D3 schools lol :P jk but I appreciate your sarcasm.

Also, if they DO put long hair/dreds back in, make it like it WAS, not like Madden IS...... hate having all those players just with long hair in a pony tail lol oh and hate how only black people can have it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

For glitches, I didn't see the referree camera angle glitch where it goes under the ground. Happens almost anytime the Ref has the camera... the camera swings sub-level so all you see are green textures. Might be on the list but I didn't see it.

For gameplay things, I really want a more effective pass rush. I feels like... for 10 years, there has been no d-line pass rush in any EA football videogames, that every sack has to come from a LB or CB, or randomly, from a d-lineman. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Nice to see the NCAA Dev team making these changes to the retail version. I'm really looking forward to getting this game!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

WOW! I love seeing a "patch" before the game even comes out. That's an impressive list and shows that ea is finally making the initiative this year to get things right before release day. I'm sure there will be many more things noticed once the game comes out("booth review" staying on the scorebar till the end of the game and texas pc helmets not having the single digit numbers centered) but this list shows me that maybe there won't be a huge patch or two this year!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i would like the last bits of info counting down to the nitty gritty now. i think they've done a good job with the info flow. other than the Teambuilder issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

A solid list of fixes that appears to touch on just about all of the issues with the demo.

I'm even more geeked for the retail version than I was before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »