Home

Skate 3 Review

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Review within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Skate 3 Review

So you want to be a skateboard legend and revel in the comparisons to the likes of Tony Hawk and Rob Dyrdek? Well, then prepare your body and mind to fearlessly smash the tricks out the local skate parks and establish your name in the game.

EA Black Box’s Skate 3 has buried some heavy soles into wet cement to ensure that its legacy will not soon be forgotten. The game carries legitimacy and weight without a slip or a stumble. Simply put, I have never played a title that has the same depth of controls as the Skate series.

Read More - Skate 3 Review

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
a lil generous with the score...i say its more along the lines of a 6...to me, they fixed some of the issues that were wrong in Skate 2, but not completely...this should have been more of a DLC imo. It should have not been offered as a standalone game
Old 06-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Skate 3 Review

I just think that Skate 2 should not have been made. Skate 2 should be what Skate 3 is, which is why I passed on the previous iteration and will get this one in the fall when I find a nice price drop.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Blzer did you play skate 2 it was a great game . i only passed on it because i didn't want to buy it new i 'll get it this fall or christmas time its def fun. i didn't think the learning curve was that hard either. understanding the game with out reading what i was suppose to do , but once i got into the game i had a ball.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
skate 3 is mad fun guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Skate 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Blzer did you play skate 2 it was a great game . i only passed on it because i didn't want to buy it new i 'll get it this fall or christmas time its def fun. i didn't think the learning curve was that hard either. understanding the game with out reading what i was suppose to do , but once i got into the game i had a ball.
Sure man, I played Skate 2 plenty (just didn't buy it). All that I'm saying is 16 months between releases is just too short in my honest opinion, plus Skate 3 went to a new city as well which is good.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8
i cant not understand for the life of my why is that you cant use the photo face feature for a created skater?? This is another example of EA not sharing resources/technology
Old 06-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6
Skate > Skate 2 > Skate 3

Skate 3 gets the lowest score of all three simply for leaving out the LOCAL multiplayer option. Why couldn't Skate 3 have the option to play with a friend sitting next to you when the first two games did? I bought the game assuming it would have local multiplayer (what game has it then gets rid of it?) and I was a little aggravated when I found out it didn't. I love the online aspects of games nowadays, but developers are forgetting some people still have real life friends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »