Home

NBA Elite 11 First Look (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 First Look (Gameinformer) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Elite 11 First Look (Gameinformer)

Gameinformer has posted their first look at NBA Elite 11.

Quote:
"Gone are the days where a behind-the-scenes math equation determines whether your shot finds the netting – player skill now determines whether or not your shot clangs off the iron or lights up the scoreboard. Depending on the timing of your release and how straight you push the right stick forward, your shot can miss to the right, left, short, or long. Release the shot a little late and you can even manually bank the ball off the backboard. When in the paint, pressing analog stick up triggers a dunk, while rolling the stick upwards to the left or right to activate a lay-up in the direction you press. The left trigger is used for jump steps and euro steps. To turn your back to the net for a post-up, simply tap the A button. The new animation system also lets you break out of your shot at any time to manually adjust your shot by changing hands during lay-ups.

Defense is also radically changed by the new controls. Like NHL, the sprint button is gone, so you no longer need to time your bursts with that of the player you’re guarding to keep him from driving the lane. Staying in front of your defender is much easier with the north-south perspective, and it also enables you to better spot opportune times to strip the ball. Pressing the right analog stick down activates a steal, and pressing up sends your player in the air for a block or rebound. To keep your hands in passing lanes, you can roll the stick left and right."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
good read. keep the info coming OS.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Elite 11 First Look (Gameinformer)

theres been a bunch of first look impressions.... but none have really talked much about passing! anything?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Really just wanna see some 5 on 5 gameplay videos. That will make it... or break it.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Littman, a former professional goaltender with no basketball background, admits his knowledge of the sport is only cursory. But as his success with NHL proves, he knows gameplay. When he started examining past iterations, he concluded that basketball gameplay has been stuck in a rut for decades. Too often player control is sacrificed for the sake of a pretty lay-up animation or a dice roll that determines whether a shot hits nothing but net or careens off the rim. His solution? Ditch the dedication to authentic television broadcast, return to a north-south camera perspective, and rebuild the game controls around the analog stick scheme that revitalized the NHL franchise.

Wow this broke it for me . If these new controls mean we cant play broadcast style basketball(meaning camera angle) the whole sim aspect of the game goes down the hill ..... well atleast for me......we will wait and see
Old 06-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAbEzIbIrI
Littman, a former professional goaltender with no basketball background, admits his knowledge of the sport is only cursory. But as his success with NHL proves, he knows gameplay. When he started examining past iterations, he concluded that basketball gameplay has been stuck in a rut for decades. Too often player control is sacrificed for the sake of a pretty lay-up animation or a dice roll that determines whether a shot hits nothing but net or careens off the rim. His solution? Ditch the dedication to authentic television broadcast, return to a north-south camera perspective, and rebuild the game controls around the analog stick scheme that revitalized the NHL franchise.

Wow this broke it for me . If these new controls mean we cant play broadcast style basketball(meaning camera angle) the whole sim aspect of the game goes down the hill ..... well atleast for me......we will wait and see
I don't get why the north south camera can't be sim. To me, that's the difference between watching a basketball game and playing in one. Do you guy's want the feeling of watching basketball or playing basketball?

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
watching it...playing the game is much to complex to even attempt to replicate it...that dammn north --south camera angle is MADDENS CURSE as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »