Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: First Look at the New Dynasty Recruit Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty Phone Call Video (EA Sports)

Interesting. They took alot of control away from the user with this system. Topics are now chosen at random which seems weird. I liked the idea that i could dictate the conversation. I'm warming up to the points system. Gives you a better idea about how hard other schools are recruiting that same kid, just not sure how realistic that is.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah I could do without the points being visible...the vague meter got the job done and left some sense of realism still there. Recruiting should not be presented as a mathematical equation to the user (even though I know it is a math equation on the back-end of the game).
I don't think having points is that stark. At the end of the day, I can't use the points to know exactly what I need to do. After all, not only am I gaining points, but but the CPU can recruit against me (even stealing points away from me). So even if I gain 200 points, if three CPU opponents all recruited against me and each got 75 points, I would be down 25 points in total. So while you see the points gained, they still don't present a "mathematical view" of exactly how I'm doing in recruiting.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Question Re: Dynasty Phone Call Video (EA Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
I don't think having points is that stark. At the end of the day, I can't use the points to know exactly what I need to do. After all, not only am I gaining points, but but the CPU can recruit against me (even stealing points away from me). So even if I gain 200 points, if three CPU opponents all recruited against me and each got 75 points, I would be down 25 points in total. So while you see the points gained, they still don't present a "mathematical view" of exactly how I'm doing in recruiting.
True, this is a good way to look at it. In the end, I won't know how I feel about it until I actually get into it myself, so we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like it. It should a lot of fun stealing recruits from other schools.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Rookie

It looks cool but... it seems that they just rearrange the screens and recruiting ideas from the last 3 or 4 years. Its really never anything new to make the off-season exciting. At the end of the day I know Ill just end up simulating the whole off-season.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

I think schools need to be knocked down in ratings. Only schools that should be A or A+ in academics should be schools like...

Stanford
Notre Dame
Northwestern
Cal
Vanderbilt
UCLA
Virginia
Michigan
USC
Ga Tech
Baylor
UNC

etc....
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I dont know if USC belongs on that list. The other Cali universities you mentioned are FAR better, esp Cal and Stanford.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
Interesting. They took alot of control away from the user with this system. Topics are now chosen at random which seems weird. I liked the idea that i could dictate the conversation. I'm warming up to the points system. Gives you a better idea about how hard other schools are recruiting that same kid, just not sure how realistic that is.
The "recruiting cheeser" in me (okay, I admit it) is sad that I can't have direct control on the flow of the conversation like I did last year. However, I'm also incredibly excited because of how much more of a challenge this is going to make building up a 1* school.

Though I admit I used it last year in my offline dynasty (yes, I regret it ), it does suck that you could spam two-three good recruit patches for 3 hrs (or more sometimes) to land recruits in the matter of a couple of weeks. With a 60 minute limit and not having choice over every single pitch, this should be lots of fun .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »