Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Tips (MaddenBible)

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Tips (MaddenBible) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2010 FIFA World Cup Tips (MaddenBible)

Need some 2010 FIFA World Cup tips? MaddenBible has you covered.

Quote:
"With World Cup action in full swing, 2010 FIFA World Cup : South Africa has been one of the hottest sports titles. The game is incredibly well done and really captures the World Cup Fever (No Vuvuzelas)."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Tips (MaddenBible)

Thanks Steve
Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree with just about everything on that site/video except when he talks about clearing it everytime it is a goal kick. I pretty much just pass it out everytime unless the opponent is pressing or there is a fast forward on the other team.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
I agree with just about everything on that site/video except when he talks about clearing it everytime it is a goal kick. I pretty much just pass it out everytime unless the opponent is pressing or there is a fast forward on the other team.
Good post, I've been curious what others are doing on goal kicks. Typically when I play online I get the opponent running laps in front of me looking to get lucky. Rather suffer his tactics, I tend to clear the ball most times.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel
Good post, I've been curious what others are doing on goal kicks. Typically when I play online I get the opponent running laps in front of me looking to get lucky. Rather suffer his tactics, I tend to clear the ball most times.
Same here, it makes no sense to me why they would do that when you can aim your passes anyway so they are just wearing out there sticks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm relatively new to world soccer, but this guy has England ranked 3rd overall, arguably, and before I started kind of following soccer I thought England was the kings of soccer (other than Brazil for obvious reasons) because all I heard was the Premier League and Manchester United.

Is England overhyped as a national soccer power? I was looking at their history, and in the World Cup they haven't finished higher than a quarterfinal since 1990. They didn't even qualify for the World Cup in 1994. And other than a fth round finish in 1990, their only other finish higher than a quarterfinal was when they won the cup in 1966.

England also doesn't have very impressive showings in the EUFA European Champions, according to their results.

I always thought England was right up there with Brazil, Argentina, Italy, and Germany, but maybe those 4 are just in a league of their own in terms of historical success in soccer.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

England are very good..... in individual talent that is. Everybody on the England National Team are superstars and that is why the team on paper is so great, thay just don't have chemistry to pull it off in real life. The Premier League is no reflection on England's talent though because most teams now have international stars on their starting XI. You don't hear about Brazil's Premier League because their top stars are overseas like Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, and Cesar as well as a lot of the under- teams are playing in Europe.

The way he rated the teams was on how well they are rated in the game which for the most part is how the players are in real life but the teams in real life have things like chemistry and certain things that can not be rated like feelings, aggressiveness, true playing tendencies, and how they think when making decisions on the fly.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
I'm relatively new to world soccer, but this guy has England ranked 3rd overall, arguably, and before I started kind of following soccer I thought England was the kings of soccer (other than Brazil for obvious reasons) because all I heard was the Premier League and Manchester United.

the EPL is a top class league but they are not the only one.. i prefer the Bundesliga, myself(Bayern Munich fan)..but italian serie a, La liga, and france's ligue 1 are all formidable top flight leagues

players go all over the world to play pro.. inter(italian league) didnt have one italian starting in the UEFA final vs Bayern

the EPL just gets the most hype and coverage in the states

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »