Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Offensive Style; Pistol Ea Blog

I hope Louisville has the Pistol in it's arsenal this year. The new coaching staff and Offensive Coordinator Mike Sanford ran a lot... and I mean a lot of Pistol in this year's spring game. The offense should resemble a lot of what Florida does and should mimic the offense that Urban Meyer ran at Utah since Sanford was his OC during the Alex Smith era. It will be intereting to see how exactly they incorporate the Pistol into their Spread philosophy.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Offensive Style; Pistol Ea Blog

I'm anxious to see which playbooks have updated pistol formations.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Pistol

You recruit you a speed quarterback while running the pistol that offense can be deadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Nice read. I'm going to try it when I get the game later on.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Nice read. I'm going to try it when I get the game later on.
agreed. okay now that I got something on topic

SWEET avi :P VERY beast!

anyway, only time I am likely to use the pistol formation is with Bama, unless my small school or a team I use in RTG happens to have it.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Rookie

gohogsfan14's Arena

OVR: 1

we better have the pistol in ours since we ran it some last year and will be running it even more this year with nevadas OL coach
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
I hope Louisville has the Pistol in it's arsenal this year. The new coaching staff and Offensive Coordinator Mike Sanford ran a lot... and I mean a lot of Pistol in this year's spring game. The offense should resemble a lot of what Florida does and should mimic the offense that Urban Meyer ran at Utah since Sanford was his OC during the Alex Smith era. It will be intereting to see how exactly they incorporate the Pistol into their Spread philosophy.
cant wait to see a lil bit of that in louisville offensive either nothing smells better than a fresh start
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #16
Rookie

nevadawp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogsfan14
we better have the pistol in ours since we ran it some last year and will be running it even more this year with nevadas OL coach
He wasn't just the OL coach, Chris Klenakis was the Offensive Coordinator the last two years. He was also instrumental in the continued development of the Pistol. The Razorbacks got a steal IMO.

I'm excited they added the Read Option to the Pistol this year as that's really become a staple of the offense for Nevada. I think it's superior to the Shotgun Spread Read Option because A. It doesn't tip your hand to the direction of the play and B. The HB is running up field, not side to side.

I'm hoping they added some of the mis-direction, fly sweeps, and pre-snap motion as well. An aspect of the Pistol that's often overlooked is the fact that there is offense directly behind and in FRONT of the QB. When you flash that WR or TE in front of the QB there's always the chance he's going to quickly hand it off to the motion man. They did that a lot more last year and it can really play havoc with a defense if it's executed correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »