Home

Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

This is a discussion on Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #17
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MAJOR BB patch is on the way

looking forward to it
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 06-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Good to here. Once the patch comes out I will get the game. Thanks for the update.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #19
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Re: Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

Actually I've always thought that there was more on the actual disk that was not activated. I think the patch will unlock and/or activate these additions and finish tweaking them, as well as fix gameplay issues.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #20
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MAJOR BB patch is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
I don't know if this is good or bad but I have very
high expectations for this patch. I think the patch
will be out in late August not July.
I agree on the timing, im not expecting a miracle or anything... im a little wary about what we could get. 15 seconds to throw behind our amazing OL, and DBs that can't catch ball after ball that bounces off their helmets?

This patch ultimately will only be for the couple/few thousand fans who think it's the best football game for them and still play it in 2 months.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Actually I've always thought that there was more on the actual disk that was not activated. I think the patch will unlock and/or activate these additions and finish tweaking them, as well as fix gameplay issues.
Why would you think a game trying to make a name for itself would do that? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #22
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Why would you think a game trying to make a name for itself would do that? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
They have stated many times that they felt very pressed for time and that there were a number of things that should have gone in but couldn't. That doesn't mean that the code isn't there, it could just not be active. I believe they had a patch planed even before the game released. I have plenty of games where the DLC is just an unlock for what's already on the disk. But what i'm saying for BB is not fact. It's just my opinion.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
They have stated many times that they felt very pressed for time and that there were a number of things that should have gone in but couldn't. That doesn't mean that the code isn't there, it could just not be active. I believe they had a patch planed even before the game released. I have plenty of games where the DLC is just an unlock for what's already on the disk. But what i'm saying for BB is not fact. It's just my opinion.
Yes it does. If they didn't have time to "put it in" that means there wasn't enough time to code it in the game.

I don't disagree with you that they had planned for a patch, but this isn't like other games you've played with a planned DLC already on the disc. There is no way they could risk leaving any stoned unturned.

To think they actually coded something on the disc that is unlockable is foolish! Pun intended
Old 06-26-2010, 03:29 AM   #24
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yes it does. If they didn't have time to "put it in" that means there wasn't enough time to code it in the game.

I don't disagree with you that they had planned for a patch, but this isn't like other games you've played with a planned DLC already on the disc. There is no way they could risk leaving any stoned unturned.

To think they actually coded something on the disc that is unlockable is foolish! Pun intended
But there are things on the disc that aren't unlocked, I keep reading on their forums regarding codes to unlock stadiums, and no codes have been released, This I'm certain and would bet my first born it's in the patch. As for the other areas of concern, the code may be there and the patch will tweak the effectiveness, or frequency of certain things. It will really depend on how big the patch is. You will be able to tell if things are being added or just tweaked by the size of the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »