Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2
UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

Hey guys,

Most of you are well aware our UFC patch is out, I won't just simply copy-paste my message here, hit the link for the full change list if you need:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/245220

On a different note, my apologies if my absence and/or lack of posting sent some unfortunate signals. The honest truth is i've been swamped with WWE and UFC meetings, and am trying to find the right balance of time, i'm pretty sure a lot of the planning meetings will die down so I can actually get down to business. That and handling both communities, both websites, and about 30 people on each end of me, i'm not gonna lie, its definitely a challenge I am adjusting to. My C&C days prepared me well though!

I realize that's not what you want to hear, but just working on getting my bearings. Our official forums need A LOT of work, we're improving them, and though I am becoming passionately tied to OS, UOC, and the rest, getting our official forums to be more like it is HERE, is one of my top goals.

I am going to start doing a lot of UFC research this summer, the goal being to get this community way more involved at an extremely early stage in our process, and building support for the UFC community in general. Told Steve i'd like to get some cool prizes here (how about a Brock Lesnar signed copy up for grabs) to give OS some fun contests.

The patch may have some associated issues, I am looking in to that with the dev team so I don't bring any exact update tonight. The stat screen prior to a match I nor the dev team have given up on, its still something I will pursue very hard.

And in general, really appreciate your guys dedication to the sport and our game in general. I hope to prove my worth as your dedicated Community Manager.

Thanks for the ***-kick Steve

For those who have downloaded the patch, how is it shaping up for you this far? What system are you on? I'm trying to isolate any issues we may still have with connections or Super CAF's.

Cheers guys,
Tank

~ Brendan Schaub wants to take some of you down, he is hardcore, met him in Vegas last weekend at TUF finale, dude can play!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by THQ Tank; 06-25-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: UFC Patch Update and Hello again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Just in case he comes back.

Tank I was a die hard UFC 09 player. I played the game literally every night and it was my most played game of last year. You guys have clearly ruined UFC 2010. I will outline below the horrible design choices you guys have made.

1) Reversal system - My most hated inclusion in this years game. Everything from punch power to ground grapple skills have a stat that can determine a fighters skill. Yet the reversal system has ZERO rating and is purely user skill only. You add to the fact the auto-transition block and you then receive a reversal nightmare. Watching Kimbo Slice reverse Frank Mir from off his back 10 to 12 times in a single fight is DISGUSTING!!!!!!! There is nothing more to say about this horrible design choice.

2) Stamina system - What stamina??????????? That is my view point on stamina. There is zero penalty of swing haymakers all fight long. You can literally do this and win a fight easy by KO, because your fighter never gets tired. 3 or 4 haymakers should see a gassed fighter. but noooooooo the design choice of making this a arcade fighter rather than a true sim has you guys stuck in this position. Yet again Horrible

3) CPU AI - You got to be kidding me. Every fighter fights as if he is running into a medieval battle. Every fighter charges head first and uses no strategy. Horrible

4) Auto-transition block - STUPID.........No strategy on the ground anymore. No risk/reward type of gameplay. Go back to how 09 did it. Otherwise back to 09 for me

5) Online connection issues - Self explanatory

6) Degrading stats - I am going to keep this real short and simple. Career mode is way to tedious and is a chore to do. Bottom line, it is not fun at all.

7) KO rate - KO rate is a little high. I would not like to see it downgraded as bad as 09 has it but I think the KOs should be cut down by a tad. Honestly though this would be fixed completely if stamina was implemented correctly and you would not have to touch anything on KO power.

8) Auto-take down - I guess I should not mention this since you removed it in the patch. But it was a big mistake to have them there.

Tank, the 4 major issues are the reversals, stamina, Auto-transition block and CPU AI. These have ruined the game most of us here loved.

Send THQ a big Thank you for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Thanks for the update Tank. Based on the link you provided, is it safe to assume that the Flash KO rate was NOT adjusted in this patch?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Thanks for the update Tank. Based on the link you provided, is it safe to assume that the Flash KO rate was NOT adjusted in this patch?
It's not inscribed in stone in those notes, but against the other major issues, it was not of critical priority. This however should help defeat against that:

Reduced the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.

Tell ya what, play against the AI a bunch, or a good amount, report back and let me know how it feels. Between AI and stamina, those are very tough to patch, its all tuning. Not to say we won't try, but you swing the pendulum one way and you please some people, swing it the other, and you infuriate others, finding that happy medium is very difficult.

If the community feels its extremely critical, I'll make sure its discussed. I know its something that is high on the list for the future, but that's an overall AI discussion.

-Tank
Old 06-26-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

The submission problem is almost a game killer to me. I was holding off returning the game till the patch. In hopes that it would get better. But it seems the patch made it worse. I jus played games with Dustin Hazlett an Rumble Johnson. I played with Rumble first an Hazlett submitted me by Guillotine when I was trying to throw him. Then I played a few games as Mclovin an I couldn't get Rumble to submit at all. I played at least 10 games with him an nothin. But Hazlett can sub me in the first minute.
Now pre patch I could sub Rumble everytime in the later rounds never early though. It was after pounding his body for 2 or 3 rounds. Both sessions were played on advanced.
So the patch has completely ruined this game for me. Thanks alot Thq! I have researched countless hours an tried everything different people have said that worked for them, although I have a hard time believing anyone has flash subbed the CPU. This is just rediculous to have a ufc game without subs. Makes sub guys useless to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

This must be hell for you being the messenger for a game that came out in this shape.

Either way. Do they have any plans to address the career mode in this game? It is in pretty bad shape. Ill give you a quick list of things I found wrong.
  • Match Making: It just is very buggy. I have been through careers where I seen the same two fighters go at it 5 cards in a row. Champions not fighting for in-game YEARS. Some fighters just never fighting at all. Champions not fighting until YOU rematch them in-game.
  • Progression: There is zero progression or regression for AI fighters. AI fighters skill levels stay the same throughout career. This is one of the knocks on 09 because you fought the same fighters year after year. Very stagnant & linear.
  • Weight class switching bug: I am sure you can look around and see this bug listed. I didn't come across it because I never went for the champion vs champion fight, in order to avoid this.
  • Sparring max: the 50 point max sparring really puts career mode down even further. Its hard enough to maintain a comparable skill level to AI fighters when dealing with stat decay ( and you losing it more & faster later in career ). Now only getting so little just makes this mode more frustrating then enjoyable
  • My trainer: He offers advice on 4 areas. Physical, Skill, Technique & Next opponent. The physical advice is well, simple enough. Not even worth it being there. Skill & Technique though is unfinished. In all my careers the advice giving in those two sections has not changed at all. It is the same canned response. This seems unfinished. For next opponent, it works but most of the time he just says "you should be able to beat him" without giving any indication who you are fighting or what style of fight the AI fighter uses. Very minimal detail.
  • Friends & Rivals: I really have not seen this affect my career in anyway whatsoever outside of commentary here & there about me being friends with so & so fighter.
  • Game follows you: I have noticed this a little bit but was very minimal as it was only some commentary in the 1st rounds of fighters. I thought this was going to be more robust in game as in fighters adjusting to your style & such.
  • Banners: This seems like an easy fix but no sponsors able to be put on banners? No camp logo on banner? No camp banner period?
  • Aging: This may go with the no progression thing but fighters don't age except for one area. Only time I seen a AI fighters in game age was at the tale of the tape when I am going to fight them. That is all & that is just a graphical thing. It has no bearing on the fighters skill. Funny is before the tale of the tape, at the event screen for the current card, it shows all the fighters real life ages regardless of what year in game you are.

Just seems like from all the pre release interviews about the game that career mode was reportedly overhauled the most yet it is virtually the same as 09s with alot of issues. ( which I listed ) Some reason its like this release mode wasnt the planned direction of career & got switched before release.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ Tank
It's not inscribed in stone in those notes, but against the other major issues, it was not of critical priority. This however should help defeat against that:

Reduced the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.

Tell ya what, play against the AI a bunch, or a good amount, report back and let me know how it feels. Between AI and stamina, those are very tough to patch, its all tuning. Not to say we won't try, but you swing the pendulum one way and you please some people, swing it the other, and you infuriate others, finding that happy medium is very difficult.

If the community feels its extremely critical, I'll make sure its discussed. I know its something that is high on the list for the future, but that's an overall AI discussion.

-Tank
Wouldn't this indicate the need for sliders? Nearly every major sports game has them, hell even the WWE series has sliders for game play. I know it's a pipe dream for this years edition but retuning to the reaction you're getting from the community and then giving us sliders to play with as we'd like would definitely be welcomed. You start with whatever you think the proper level for say stamina loss rate and call that 50 then you make the sliders really responsive so say 0 would result in basically being able to throw everything and not get winded and 100 would be the complete opposite.

I would also really like to see a solution made so someone like myself who doesn't play online and just likes to have a bigger roster with other real fighters that I make can do so easily. The current system doesn't allow for this without playing through career each time. I don't want to make a 100 everything CAF but I want to be able to have a realistic Fedor without playing through career.

thanks for posting on here! I appreciate the chance to give feedback.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

the game is ruined for me now i never play online yet now this patch has caused me right in the middle of creating one of my favorite mm stars to now when i spar with him i get no sparring points your stupid patch has ruined this game for me thanks alot i wont be buying another one I hope you can tell me that this is a temporary problem because when i spar i am getting no points 0, zilch, none fix it please

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »