Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Some Random Gameplay Footage (Ian Cummings)

First time I have seen an actual difference in running animations

The foot plant by Gore on his cut back actually impressed me! Hopefully it is even crisper in the final build. I can handle a lot of issues but game play is the one thing that will make me buy the game!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Noticed 5 new additions to Bank of America Stadium that I specifically pointed out to Ian last year that were 3-4 years outdated. He told me he would look into them, and he came through! Panther logos on the field, one large screen on the scoreboards, LED banners on both sides, BofA logos on the corners above the lower level seating, and shorter tunnels with seats behind them. Awesome. All these things add up to a more authentic experience being a Panther's fan. Hopefully all of the stadiums got some much needed attention to detail.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-29-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

the pro-tec is still horrible. The fight for the fumble is still in the game, it needs to be taken out, because a player can be screwed out of a possesion, when it was obvious his player recovered the ball, and no fight should have occured. There is still random shifting from a deflection to a tackle when defending passes that is not possible. Did not see one improvement from last year to this year, they gotta a lot of work to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarrison35
the pro-tec is still horrible. The fight for the fumble is still in the game, it needs to be taken out, because a player can be screwed out of a possesion, when it was obvious his player recovered the ball, and no fight should have occured. There is still random shifting from a deflection to a tackle when defending passes that is not possible. Did not see one improvement from last year to this year, they gotta a lot of work to do.
You can turn fight for the fumble off.

And you're seriously blind if you didn't see ONE improvement.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
First time I have seen an actual difference in running animations

The foot plant by Gore on his cut back actually impressed me! Hopefully it is even crisper in the final build. I can handle a lot of issues but game play is the one thing that will make me buy the game!
I agree Hitman. I actually was impressed with a few things there. I did see some semblance of a pocket on a few of the pass plays where the DEs got up field. Should happen more often, but not bad. The animations looked better, not sure if that was due to the game speed. I still don't like the ability to cut on a dime, but the foot planting was much better. One thing that needs to be adjusted is how the QBs can throw perfect rockets when they are getting hit. I was playing APF tonight and I got hit from behind as I was throwing it and the ball popped up in the air and was caught by a defensive lineman. It was awesome. The point the QB gets hit needs to affect the trajectory of the ball if he is hit as he throws, just like in APF. That would really add to the realism.

Overall, being one of Madden's harshest critcs, I will say not too bad looking. I do see a lot of improvements.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

If u turn it off, it just has the computer fight for u, and it doesnt change wat i said at all. What improvement did u see?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Yeah, its an alpha build. The Ravens v. Steelers is beta from E3.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm not too keen on the "dev speak"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarrison35
If u turn it off, it just has the computer fight for u, and it doesnt change wat i said at all. What improvement did u see?
Umm, footplanting, run animations, run blocking, commentary, crowd audio, stadium music, dynamic attendance, improvements to the Panthers' stadium that were mentioned above...and this is all just off the top of my head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »