Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary HD

Not too much new info. Good video though. I hope those jerky, robotic animations are gone by the time it ships though.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary

If the player tendencies and AI can match up with the quality of the controls this game will be epic.

There's no denying show much more organic the game will be with the way the shot stick works with the physics that's for sure.

Anyone else WTF at the dunk by Jennings at the 2:12 mark though? Didn't look like he had much momentum going towards the basket, he just kind of soared to the rim.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstarshooter32
Not too much new info. Good video though. I hope those jerky, robotic animations are gone by the time it ships though.
If I remember correctly people had the same comments about the animations in the first developer diary. That the crossover animations looked stiff and robotic.

I'm not certain, but I believe the footage for this developer diary was captured around the same time.

Since then we've replaced all the dribble move animations with newly captured moves and they look much more fluid.

They came in the day before E3 so they didn't make it into any of that footage either, which is unfortunate because it would have been nice for you guys to see the improvement.

Anyway, my point was just that this video was recorded a while ago and things are changing at a very rapid pace here, with new animations going in every day.

So please don't be too turned off by the placeholder anims that were in the game when this video was shot.

The point of this video is to explain the controls to people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

The game still looks like Live 10 which is a good and bad thing.. Good because its not a step back in quality but bad because it may not be a huge upgrade.

Here's to hoping they went for quantity this year because I take some of the herky jerky anims if there is a lot more animations to work with.

Last year Live suffered from a lack of animations that made the game seem stale real quick so I hope that issue is addressed in this years game..

Last edited by Jano; 06-29-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
If I remember correctly people had the same comments about the animations in the first developer diary. That the crossover animations looked stiff and robotic.

I'm not certain, but I believe the footage for this developer diary was captured around the same time.

Since then we've replaced all the dribble move animations with newly captured moves and they look much more fluid.

They came in the day before E3 so they didn't make it into any of that footage either, which is unfortunate because it would have been nice for you guys to see the improvement.

Anyway, my point was just that this video was recorded a while ago and things are changing at a very rapid pace here, with new animations going in every day.

So please don't be too turned off by the placeholder anims that were in the game when this video was shot.

I understand, and I'm sure the animations will improve. You guys didn't slap "Work in Progress" on the entire video for nothin, did ya? lol, just kiddin.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator

Why are you guys ignoring the other thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-post113.html

Will you ignore that too?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jennings

Son, stop. He doesn't even deal with online..
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jennings

Sorry about that. I completely agree with your points here, but my area of expertise is gameplay, animation and physics and I am not in a position to talk about online features for the game right now. That's why I left the questions unanswered.

I'll be sure to bring up these concerns with others on the dev team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »