Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Behind the Scenes - AFC East & West Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Behind the Scenes - AFC East & West Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Behind the Scenes - AFC East & West Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
This team this year on paper is a lot better than a 5 win team, i think we can all agree to that.
The Raiders do look to be a better team this year, sure...but by that thought, the Chargers look like a Superbowl winning team on paper EVERY year...as do the Cowboys and the Redskins...lots of talent, but it doesn't translate to a lot of wins...

With that said, I don't really follow the Raiders much, so I don't know if there is a conspiracy or not...but I do acknowledge that fan favorites tend to get a lot of love come rating time, while players who are just as talented get shafted, all because you don't see their name on the back of everyone's jerseys...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #18
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I liked the on field perspectives they used in the video, but man those player models looked skinny.

No way Tebow has 90 ACC. He's got surprising speed when he gets going, but I've never seen him fly out of the pocket and get to fifth gear in a hurry.

And I don't know about the bias against the Raiders. Ratings or not, they've always been tough to play against in Madden.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 47

Thanks Steve!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
This team this year on paper is a lot better than a 5 win team, i think we can all agree to that.

I also think we are in a position to take the AFC west this year and i'm a realist..never having blindly backed the raiders ONCE since we lost Gruden and in previous years although i think we are a 9-7 team last year without Jamarcus Russell. We are a much better team now than we were at any point last year...again i think the ratings should reflect the individual players and their ability so they move as their real life counterparts would on the football field and the ratings for the most part (especially the team i know the best, the raiders) don't do this, some of the positions are flat out wrong too but that's another argument.
Every team is almost better on paper. But a name doesn't get you far, its how you play and can play with others. I'm not saying the Raiders do't have any talent, but they just don't have the talent that really warrants them any higher ratings. Coming from someone who has no bias towards any AFC team besides Tennessee, I think most the ratings released so far have been pretty good. Step back, act like you're not a Raiders fan and look at the ratings of the Broncos and Raiders then come back and see if you're still ruffled up over it.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 36

I personally think Donny Moore is a very good rater. I don't think he was biased at all towards the Broncos, since you have to remember he wasn't the one rating the rookies. People can complain about their team being rated low, but it doesn't matter too much. Moore does a great job increasing/decreasing ratings during the season. If the Raiders start off the season 7-0 and Campbell is tearing it up, there is no doubt he will eventually be 90 overall or above.

Also, I liked the videos of gameplay and especially that one handed snag from Randy Moss (Love the catching this year!) and the curl routes seem to better with locomotion as seen with Brandon Marshall.

My only concern is, will the ratings really be noticed with offensive and d-line men. I can notice them with QB's, HB's, WR's, and defensive backs (try throwing on Revis or Asomugha on All-Pro or above), but I never really notice a dominant offensive line, great pass rushers, or a dominant NT.

Luckily with the demo we can try all those out. I can't wait to see if the Jets O-line gets a great push, if Freeney and Mathis create pressure, and if Kris Jenkins is being double teamed and if he is able to penetrate the O-Line. If not, then I'll be pretty upset. But overall, this game is looking decent right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
running in a straight line with someone has nothing to do with his coverage ability. There's basically no one in the league faster than that guy and it's documented, dude ran a mythical sub 4.2 at his pro day. He's caught countless people on breakaways and that video as we saw it will never occur even if thomas has a field day on johnson. That is my gripe. An unrealistic physical portrayal of another Raider player.

Anyways thanks for the video steve, it was informative.
You do know fast DBs get burnt deep don't you? Barrett Ruud ran a 4.7 and Matt Forte ran a 4.46 Barrett was with him step for step straight line and stayed with him. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you can't be beat running a fly route.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #23
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

gosh that Moss catch at 1:37 is just amazing looks just like the one handed catch he made against the colts in 07.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Every team is almost better on paper. But a name doesn't get you far, its how you play and can play with others. I'm not saying the Raiders do't have any talent, but they just don't have the talent that really warrants them any higher ratings. Coming from someone who has no bias towards any AFC team besides Tennessee, I think most the ratings released so far have been pretty good. Step back, act like you're not a Raiders fan and look at the ratings of the Broncos and Raiders then come back and see if you're still ruffled up over it.
Your right, they'll have time to prove themselves and get their ratings adjusted accordingly. I don't mean to overreact, but trust me when i tell you I have to LOWER as well as raise ratings to get them to perform like their real life counterparts. Speed guys are power guys, power guys are speed guys and maybe this goes for every team, i can't speak on it as i don't know them as well as the raiders....but there's a lot of things off-base with the raiders and i really do try to remain as objective as possible.

The Broncos rookies seem to get every benefit of the doubt. Our second round draft pick Lamarr Houston who i predict will be a big part of our defense is virtually unusable with 77 strength at dt and 72 speed at de in a four man front..it's things like this that make me say the things i do.

tim tebow 79 speed at a 4.72 and jason campbell 70 speed at 4.68. or tebow 84 strength and McClain 78 strength??

makes no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »