Home

NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer)

Gameinformer has posted the first review of NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"Offensive line blocking receives a boost thanks to reworked double-teams and edge blocking on sweeps – which you can now see diagrammed before the snap. That being said, it’s not perfect, and you’ll still see some boneheaded blockers miss their assignments. The most glaring mistake happens when backs try to step up and block on pass plays. This is hard to do when they just stand in your quarterback’s lap. These little annoyances (and some from year’s past – like magnet catches and canned interception animations) keep the game from being perfect, but they aren’t enough to spoil my enjoyment of the game as a whole.

NCAA’s dynasty recruiting is another area of the game that makes a big leap forward while still retaining some of its old flaws. Being able to do it all on your browser is a huge plus, and the improved feedback recruits offer lets you know exactly where your program and pitches stand in relation to the competition. That said, there’s no getting away from the fact that recruiting is still a grind, and if you want to get blue chippers you have to be willing to put the time in (or pay up the recruiting microtransactions). Despite these improvements, it’s confusing when you are awarded the same number of points for topics in which the recruit had differing levels of interest."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Game Informer Review

Wow, I didn't think reviews were even allowed to come out this early. Good to see it's got a high rating. I don't know how much I trust a review coming out a week early, but hey, things are looking good this year.
One more week!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, so much for that embargo stuff.

Pretty weak review really, they were vague about most everything, maybe trying to ward off any hits for going early on the embargo, I dunno. They gave it a 9, with a second opinion guy giving it an 8.75, and both saying this is the best NCAA in years. So that is promising. They do both point out some of the same old annoying flaws unfortunately, but on the whole, things are looking good.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

This is just wetting my appetite even more. Can't wait to judge it for myself.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Look who reviewed it.

Kato pulls no punches. If a game is crap, he'll let you know.

Extremely confident about this game now. (not that i wasn't in the 1st place)
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Second Opinion:

by Matt Bertz
8.75 While college football struggles with a terrible BCS system, no playoffs, and crumbling conferences, its virtual gridiron counterpart is just starting to hit its stride. NCAA 11’s new locomotion engine puts the skill of Barry Sanders at your fingertips, making running backs feel like real threats every time they touch the ball. Revamped blocking mechanics help make formerly useless plays like draws and counters legit options for the first time. The refined gameplay is impressive, with the only standout issues being ranging linebackers picking off too many mid-range passes over the middle and the AI ineffectively running the option. Off the field, EA wisely retooled the recruiting mechanic to give you more feedback as to how your pitches stand in comparison to other schools, and the new Facebook-meets-ESPN Dynasty Wire is a great tool that lets hardcore online dynasty players chronicle their seasons. NCAA also makes a greater effort at capturing the minor details that make college football great, but the crowds still don’t look the part and the commentary is starting to sound stale.

Minor annoyances aside, this is the best NCAA title in years.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

To me GI reviews are pretty descent. He also didn't pull any punches with the few things he didn't like.

I didn't really notice to many super human LB picks in the demo. So not to concerned about that.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Nice review, kinda shallow (thats expected from a review that comes a week before the actual release) but all in all, NCAA 11 looks like a great game thats way better then '10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »