Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Extremely impressed with this years installment.
I agree with you that True Aim is a good new feature but overall I can't say I'm very impressed. I never get the feeling that people who truly love golf develop this game. Just too many glitches (eg in the stats) that don't get addressed from year to year, feeble commentary, shallow career mode, cardboard crowds, lack of tournament atmosphere and more. When I think how good a game MLB The Show is, with its wonderful attention to detail which can only come from developers who truly love the game of baseball, and what this game could be like if it had developers of similar commitment - well, it just leaves me with a strong feeling of disappointment.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
I agree with you that True Aim is a good new feature but overall I can't say I'm very impressed. I never get the feeling that people who truly love golf develop this game. Just too many glitches (eg in the stats) that don't get addressed from year to year, feeble commentary, shallow career mode, cardboard crowds, lack of tournament atmosphere and more. When I think how good a game MLB The Show is, with its wonderful attention to detail which can only come from developers who truly love the game of baseball, and what this game could be like if it had developers of similar commitment - well, it just leaves me with a strong feeling of disappointment.
I certainly agree with all of your sentiments. There's shortcomings no doubt. With that said this is the best Tiger to date. Yeah it could be a ton better but I'm sure the revenue earned by this game is half if not much less than a game like The Show. I don't think its a lack of love but more a lack of funds to really push the game.

I feel you particularly on the crowd and the commentary.

Gameplay wise True Aim is a huge leap for the Sim gaming community. It probably doubled my replay value so I consider it a huge leap for the title.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Is it worth the buy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

If you are a tour pro player and using true aim, it is a fantastic game.

If you're not interested in true aim, there's probably not a whole lot there.

After having the game for a few weeks, I'm finally getting comfortable with true aim.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I bought TW10 and enjoyed it for a while........only to give up on it quickly once the whole issue with CPU tournament scores appeared (CPU shooting 20 under all the time).

Has that been fixed / made more realistic?
It's much better but not perfect. I don't see it being tied to course conditions very well (it seems like sometimes the AI struggles in easy conditions and has no problem in tough ones) but the final scores aren't insane this year.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10
Good review. It's an enjoyable game, but there are still too few courses.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why there are so many more courses on the Wii version compared to the 360? Is it a technical thing, or is simply a matter of EA trying to get more money?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
..... Just too many glitches (eg in the stats) that don't get addressed from year to year, feeble commentary, shallow career mode, cardboard crowds, lack of tournament atmosphere and more. When I think how good a game MLB The Show is, with its wonderful attention to detail which can only come from developers who truly love the game of baseball, and what this game could be like if it had developers of similar commitment - well, it just leaves me with a strong feeling of disappointment.
I can't say that I'm disappointed with the game but I agree 100% on the commentary and crowds...both are absolutely horrible. The commentary is "Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football" bad and the why have crowds if they're this horrible looking? What's the point? The crowd thing really bothers me cuz it doesn't seem like there's a lot going on a polygon level where you couldn't have normal looking crowds. I looks lazy.

note the commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvs5B_8ISo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #16
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Best Tiger so far no doubt. True Aim has saved this franchise. Extremely impressed with this years installment.
100% spot on, I couldn't agree more.

TrueAim is the heart of this year's installment, and to ME, IMO, they reinvented the wheel with this feature. It makes it THAT much better. EA reintroduced all that makes golf what it is; skill, luck, joy, pain, frustration, anger, chance, risk and reward. No shots are gimmes anymore, and even having a birdie OPPORTUNITY is exciting this year (as opposed to getting eagles on every par 5 like in year's past).

The randomness of golf is finally represented very well in Tiger Woods 11. Love this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »