Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I bought TW10 and enjoyed it for a while........only to give up on it quickly once the whole issue with CPU tournament scores appeared (CPU shooting 20 under all the time).

Has that been fixed / made more realistic?
There's a specific setting for computer opponent difficulty. have you tried adjusting that?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Good review. It's an enjoyable game, but there are still too few courses.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why there are so many more courses on the Wii version compared to the 360? Is it a technical thing, or is simply a matter of EA trying to get more money?
Agreed that it's an enjoyable game. I don't know why the Wii has so many courses, but clearly, the Wii version is the best version of TW11.

Wii version has :
+Many more courses
+True Aim

The courses in the Wii version are incredible, and when playing in 480p with composite video, actually looks very good for a Wii game. Yea the textures of the trees and bushes aren't as detailed as the other versions, but the lighting and color make the game look great.

The Wii version does look very good and is a huge improvement from other games. Case in point, next time you are in a sand trap, look at the bunker. (especially from true view when looking down at the ball) Look at the sand as the sun is hitting it. The reflection of the sand has a great visual effect. Also in the Wii version, the water reflections look a lot better.

Also, my favorite part of true view is the one thing that I kinda sometimes miss having the option to have : the camera after you hit the ball. Sometimes I wish I could see more of a 3rd person view of the ball moving in the air following the ball like it is on the regular camera. (non-true view) But............

I have learned to appreciate the vantage point of true view after the ball is hit. It zooms in on the ball, but the camera remains from the vantage point of your golfer as the ball lands. Only after the ball stops do you see a screen of where the ball lands. (this is different from standard non-true view control where you do not have that type of camera) The great thing about this is that true view and true swing is a totally new game. It has different camera angles, less visual overlays during your swing and aiming, and generally has more of a 1st person feeling. But after playing it a while, I definetly love the camera after you hit the ball. (it's like you are playing golf and you are watching it land and see it bounce left or right from your golfer's view - i think subtly it adds a lot to the flow of the game, the natural suspense of the game of golf you feel when you are playing in real life and you hit a ball and are waiting to watch it land)

The true swing is so realistic it's absolutely amazing. Next time you are in a sand bunker, take a practice swing (hold B and A) and swing very far inside (like as if you were trying to hit your toes with the club). Notice sand kicks up just like in real life. AMAZING!

Here's a tip with true view : you know how you have to press B to approach the ball? well did you know that the angle that you have the wii-mote pressing down when you press B creates a different contact point that you have to swing your controller to? Lets say you press B with the wii-mote directly facing down. Then lets say you release B and press it again with the wii-mote facing 15 degrees from down. You'll notice that you have to swing in a different ball contact point. It's just like real golf. (how you address the ball is so important)

One other thing. If you are having trouble with true swing, like you aren't getting full power. Here's a hint : rotate your wrists so that the top wii-mote is pointing towards the sky during your backswing (as if your club head is pointing straight up). If you do that and have a nice smooth slow downward timing as you contact the ball, you will hit the ball near 100%.

And I love being able to set up my shot. Try the vertical camera. Sometimes it's just fun to move my club around before hitting the ball and just trying to get into a smooth groove. This is a 1:1 golf simulation. First time ever. Best golf simulation of all-time, so far.

Last edited by simgamer0005; 07-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why there are so many more courses on the Wii version compared to the 360? Is it a technical thing, or is simply a matter of EA trying to get more money?
Typical Wii course is 40-50 MB in size. Typical 360/PS3 courses is between 160-250 MB in size. Easy to fit more courses on the Wii disc and the Wii does not have DLC courses....
Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
As you strike the ball, the camera will no longer follow the ball in the air. Instead, the camera stays next to your golfer while placing a colored tracker on your soaring ball. As the ball cuts through the wind, the ball tracer masterfully tracks it. At the same time, the view can be frustrating because you are not able to view the course and your ball’s path once it has hit land.

Cheap Coach Bags
Cheap D&G Bags
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #21
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
Agreed that it's an enjoyable game. I don't know why the Wii has so many courses, but clearly, the Wii version is the best version of TW11.

Wii version has :
+Many more courses
+True Aim
PS3/360 has the True Aim too so its just the amount of courses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Good review...only one issue with the review is the following statement:

This is not entirely true. TrueAim is used in every online mode EXCEPT P2P matches. EA is looking into patching this into TW11, but no word yet if it is going to be in the first patch due out in a couple of weeks.
Came anyone confirm that you can use True aim in online playing with friends? The main reason me, my cousin, and my dad are thinking about picking this up is so we can play online with one another and use True Aim.

I don't wanna use just true aim offline and the moment I go to play with my buddies I have to go the easy route
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Came anyone confirm that you can use True aim in online playing with friends? The main reason me, my cousin, and my dad are thinking about picking this up is so we can play online with one another and use True Aim.

I don't wanna use just true aim offline and the moment I go to play with my buddies I have to go the easy route
The Wii version, I believe you can. In the 360/PS3 versions, the only online mode you can't use TrueAim is P2P online matches. Every other online mode, TrueAim works, especially the Live Tournaments.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The Wii version, I believe you can. In the 360/PS3 versions, the only online mode you can't use TrueAim is P2P online matches. Every other online mode, TrueAim works, especially the Live Tournaments.
This would be for 360. So are there modes that the three of us could play online and use true aim? Are the live tournaments able to be setup only for friends or is that a "ranked" type of game mode where who you play is random?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »