Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Interview with Jon Murphy (CVG)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Interview with Jon Murphy (CVG) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Interview with Jon Murphy (CVG)

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm gonna do I think. I've only played the PES 2010 demo. I liked it but I felt it was just too fast. But watching the videos in that one thread it looks like there's 5 game speed options so that'll help. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the freedom in the passing in this game!

I have some friends that have Fifa 10 and are gonna get 11 and want me to get that because it has Ultimate Team. Does PES have anything like that? Is that what Master League is or what is it?
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Why PS3? I am thinking about getting my first ever Soccer game this year and don't know which one to get( Fifa or PES ).I don't know a whole lot about the game but I've played World Cup this year and gotten pretty good. Would I be better suited to get this or Fifa 11? If I were to get PES would it be better to get it on PS3 rather than 360? Why?

Thank you in advance guys.
For me it's because I always played PES on the PS2/3. Just feels natural to me. Plus the options files.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #11

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm gonna do I think. I've only played the PES 2010 demo. I liked it but I felt it was just too fast. But watching the videos in that one thread it looks like there's 5 game speed options so that'll help. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the freedom in the passing in this game!

I have some friends that have Fifa 10 and are gonna get 11 and want me to get that because it has Ultimate Team. Does PES have anything like that? Is that what Master League is or what is it?
About the speed, this years version will have a game speed slider. If you feel the game plays too fast you can turn down the slider, there are 5 options with -2 being the slowest and +2 being the fastest. Master league is pretty much PES's Manager Mode, unfortunately you can only control one team and you get no job offers. There is no UT-type mode, but there will be Master league online.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #12
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

Alright that sounds pretty cool. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Does anybody have an idea when the demos will come out?
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 07-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Why PS3? I am thinking about getting my first ever Soccer game this year and don't know which one to get( Fifa or PES ).I don't know a whole lot about the game but I've played World Cup this year and gotten pretty good. Would I be better suited to get this or Fifa 11? If I were to get PES would it be better to get it on PS3 rather than 360? Why?

Thank you in advance guys.
Like others have mentioned, it will be for the option files. And I have been eyeing a PS3 for quite a bit, so this gives me an excuse to buy one. Also, a couple of people I know that are PS3 owners are planning to do an Online Master League so I am trying to get in on that.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #14
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Like others have mentioned, it will be for the option files. And I have been eyeing a PS3 for quite a bit, so this gives me an excuse to buy one. Also, a couple of people I know that are PS3 owners are planning to do an Online Master League so I am trying to get in on that.
With the advent of the USB stick for the Xbox, option files are much easier now for that system....so I suspect there will be more of them this year. I'll still be getting it for my PS3 tho.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:16 AM   #15

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
With the advent of the USB stick for the Xbox, option files are much easier now for that system....so I suspect there will be more of them this year. I'll still be getting it for my PS3 tho.
Not to turn this in to a console war, Region free FTW.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #16
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Not to turn this in to a console war, Region free FTW.
PS3 option files are not region free however. But I do believe that Xbox ones are (even tho the game is not...don't ask me why).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »