Home

Joe Mauer To Play 'MLB 10 The Show' with Boys' & Girls Club at MLB All-Star Break

This is a discussion on Joe Mauer To Play 'MLB 10 The Show' with Boys' & Girls Club at MLB All-Star Break within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Joe Mauer To Play 'MLB 10 The Show' with Boys' & Girls Club at MLB All-Star Break

Leading All-Star Game Vote-Getter Joe Mauer To Play MLB 10 The Show on PlayStation 3 with Boys’ & Girls’ Club of Santa Ana During MLB All-Star Break Festivities

Who:
Joe Mauer, MLB 10 The Show cover athlete and reigning AL MVP.

What:
Leading vote-getter for this year’s All-Star Game, Joe Mauer, will appear at MLB FanFest for a meet-and-greet with children from the Boys’ & Girls’ of Santa Ana. Taking place at the PlayStation Patrol Truck with multiple PlayStation 3 kiosks for fans to enjoy, attendees will be able take part in various tournaments for a chance to play MLB 10 The Show against the reigning AL MVP.

When:
Monday, July 12 from 8:00 – 10:00am PST

Where:
MLB FanFest at Anaheim Convention Center
Located at PlayStation Patrol Truck -- Area B in Convention Ctr [all the way in the back]
800 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802-3496

About MLB 10 The Show:
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, San Diego Studio, MLB 10 The Show continues the franchise’s reign as the premier MLB licensed game on any platform. This year’s title delivers yet another immersive baseball gaming experience complete with MLB All-Star Break activities including the always popular Home Run Derby, Road to the Show where you live out your own fantasies of reaching the Majors, improved online multiplayer, and unmatched stadium realism and ambiance that has critics saying The Show is the top-rated sports game this year.
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Joe Mauer To Play 'MLB 10 The Show' with Boys' & Girls Club at MLB All-Star Break

Joe is one of the few superstar athletes out there who actually gives back and isn't ME ME ME oriented. He took a pay cut to stay home in Mn, and I respect that a lot.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Joe Mauer To Play 'MLB 10 The Show' with Boys' & Girls Club at MLB All-Star Break

Yep...Total true class act! That is so cool for him to that for kids.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

sraczk2011's Arena

OVR: 14
They should make this into a one hour special, and then donate the proceeds to the Boys and Girls Club.... Oh wait...
Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Classy fellow right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow that is awesome! Funny how he's the leading vote getter and he's also on the cover of the game that the event is for. Fits pretty perfectly. Joe really is amazing. I dont know how he does it to be honest. He is the most loved sports athlete in MN all time and the fact he's from MN has people going psycho over him. He is so mellow and laid back. He could easily be one of those athletes who parties every night and gets into the trouble that many athletes get into.

Whats really funny is on FSN North we have a show called In My Own Words which documents some Twins players lives and there is one on Justin Morneau. In Morneaus episode he talks about rooming with Mauer back in 06 and 07. Well whats funny is Justin literally had to drag him out of the house because obviously everywhere Mauer goes he's mobbed for autographs. He honestly couldn't even go to the grocery store because of it. So all in all Morneau had to teach Joe how to have fun despite being a huge superstar. I just can't figure out how Mauer does it. It takes a special person to be the way he is both on and off the field.

Thank the lord we have him signed because it would be a Lebron type reaction. The only difference is we would be pissed at management and not at Mauer for betrayal. The crazy thing is I'm not all into the Mauer craze like every one else in MN. Call me crazy but my two favorite players on the Twins are #1 Morneau and #2 Nick Punto (call me crazy). Mauer falls into 3rd. Anyway sorry for the long rant but since he is one of MN own and I'm born and raised in St. Paul just like him I had to get all of that off my chest. It's not often that MN has a superstar of his magnitude.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Mauer.....step up guy!
Might not sound like much...but at my work...it's about one of the best things you can say about a guy.
Nice job all around...SCEA....Boys and Girls Club ....and of course Joe Mauer.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »