Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings & Stephen Curry Talk New Controls

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings & Stephen Curry Talk New Controls within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings & Stephen Curry Talk New Contr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This needs to be fixed. The more i think about it the more irked i get.
grant hill got stuffed because he tried to shoot over kevin durant while durant was in his face. Also, i think i remember a dev saying that you can jump in the air really fast on defense to allow you to be able to react to people shooting instead of having to jump even before the person shoots, so i can see how that may look like grant hill is haning but it is actually durant getting in the air quick. i dont wanna speak for the devs though. i dont think that the shooting mechanics should be changed. they seem great to me.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings & Stephen Curry Talk New Contr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumamae_33
Agreed. I hope the devs will listen to us. . Plus I don't want ray allen when playing Elite 11 to hold the ball too long when doing a jumper coz in real life he is one of the nba players who have the quickest shot release.
im pretty sure that each player will have their own timing, so i think it would be logical for ray allen to have a quicker sweet spot. giving ray allen a quicker sweet spot is an easier fix than changing the whole shooting mechanic which i think is a bad idea.

what is you solution anyways? i dont think its fair to say fix it but have no suggestions.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 14
I've played every basketball game around and I've been an avid fan of EA Basketball troughout the years, even in the wake of of disgraceful efforts like 07.

I'm saddened to say that for the first time ever I'm not one bit hyped up for this game. Live 10 got so close but after some extended time with the game the glaring issues became obvious to everybody. For me those videos have a lot of Live 10 in it.

Let's hope they prove us wrong.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Looking nice. I think if they have been doing interviews and game sessions with real NBA players, their gaining real success. But, I still have to try it out. I also like how you use the sticks too instead of just hoping for the shots to go in.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
More control videos, so tired of them. I'm a guy who did everything he could to market Live 10. But seriously, no more control info, we get it!

Let's see some Graphic Improvements, Stadium details, Dynasty Mode, etc.

Controls as someone else stated is over marketing / milking right now!

Thanks for sharing Steve, as it is nice to see some 5 on 5. The graphics and animations during those releases were terrible.

It's W.I.P. so I won't complain too much, I'm just glad they gave us this much footage.
I agree 100% this is a poor showing for WIP. Yes i am a 2k fan since 2k3 but EA needs to get these player models and jumpshot animations fixed ive been supporting Elite this year. Those graphics were horrible and shooting looks stiff. EA i advise you NOT to show anymore WIP vids just final product. Demos release in 1.5 months so time to get it right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

some strange!

I go back and see the previous videos...i found it's better than this...(more fluid!!)

I want to see more features..."new hand on control" is enough to me!!

I know it's only july. but PLz show me more features!!

Last edited by tedus; 07-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Only going to touch on the negatives here, constructive feedback for the devs.

1:11 - 1:14, Curry spinning past Brooks:

Brooks shows no awareness of Curry. Even if he gets beat off the dribble, his head/ eyes should be showing some sort of awareness of the person he's guarding. He's just blankly staring into space.

1:29 - 1:31, Jennings shoots a floater over Billups:
Obviously the sharp blend of animations is due to giving the user a sharp response time, but if there could be at least a 1, or 2 frame blend between the animations.

1:34 - 1:36, Maggette and Scola boxing out along the baseline:
- Maggette Running Baseline just causes Scola to slide backwards, and then they eventually enter (a horrible, dated, over the top) box out animation. Pretty sure I remember seeing this animation in about Live 05 when EA was touting the '5 Man Mo-Cap. In general, boxing out animations are too over the top.

2:12 - 2:15, Curry shoots a floater in the lane:

Same as the floater over Billups. A one or two frame blend shouldn't hurt the feeling of responsiveness.

2:15 - 2:18, Hill attempts to block Durants jumper:
The generic block animations that Hill does (I've seen this in earlier videos as well) is just very bad. Whether this was taken from mo-cap or manually animated, it's a very rigid animation with bad posing. I run an animation studio and I have a very good sense for movement, and this does not look like it should. Hill also probably jumps too high (I could say that about a lot of the animations I've seen in the earlier videos too). As mentioned earlier, the net is moving a few frames before it's actually interacted with.

2:27 - 2:30, same shot block attempt as before, different angle:

You can also see from this angle that Hill looks like he should be lunging forward slightly, yet he is jumping straight up. I think there just just needs to be more and varied situational blocking animations.

Are any of these issues likely to be looked at?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7
First of all, the game doesn't even look good in the preview. 2nd of all at 2:18, the net pops before the ball goes through. I think Mike Wang just made the best decision of his life by going back to 2k. I fell for EA's marketing machine last year. It wont happen again, this game doesn't look good at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »